Time to get an update on those acrylic blocks! So I went to FabLab yesterday to try out the ShopBot. I had some help from one of the employees with maneuvering the machine The acrylic was taped to an MDF-plate using double sided tape. The MDF-plate was used to secure a plane surface for the machine. First piece up was a window in 5 mm acrylic. I wanted to mill an edge, so I can make a gapless window in the sidepanel. Another reason was to test out the milling speed and the quality of the mill bits. I ended up ordering a 6 mm single-flute mill for the bigger cuts and a 2 mm single-flute mill for the o-ring channel and more precise pieces. After consulting the almighty p0Pe, I ended up buying mill bits made specific for acrylic due to giving a better finish. Luckily everything worked out as expected, and the result was great Onwards to the big slab Here's also a short video of the machine at work End result looked like this Fast forward 2 hours of intimacy with sand paper and polishing oil, and it looked like this And finally, "mounted" inside the case. I've said it before, but this is going to be epic I still need to plan out the distroplate, but I wanted to test out my skills on the reservoir before I comitted to an even more complex piece. No need to worry about that any longer, so now it's back to the drawing board and start working that ruler and angle measurer.