1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

On the one hand i'm glad, hamilton vs rosberg has injected some much needed drama over the last few years, but i hate rosberg. i'd love to see him struggle in a car that's not miles ahead of the rest of the field. trouble is all the other teams with drivers you could realistically see coming in have all been wrapped up tight and would cost an arm and a leg to get out of their contract. this is also one of the reasons why i think kimi was kept on by ferrari.

2. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Wonder if that would make Ferrari get Lewis to go the other way. Mercedes will surely not put Vettel and Hamilton in the same team. Cost been a big reason behind that.

3. SolidShot

SolidShot Member

It would have to be a masssive improvement from Ferrari and a massive drop in performance by merc.

Who knows what the 2017 rules bring, but i would be surprised if merc goes backwards.

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

If the Ferrari improves the Vettel will stay.

I saw a quote (possibly from Toto) saying the Mercedes where looking to the future in 2018. Both Hamilton and Rosberg will be out of contract at the same time and Wehrlein certainly looks good enough to replace one of them. Ocon should have some experience and possibly be good enough to partner Wehrlein and if not some Red Bull driver should be looking work.

Hamilton might head to Ferrari for prestige tho he could just as easily retire. Rosberg I can see hanging round the sport for a long time to come. Would Ferrari take him or will he end up in some midfield team? Ferrari do have Haas as a feeder team and I can honestly see Grosjean getting the nod before anyone else tho Verstappen, Riccardo and Gutierrez, if he keeps up his current performance, are contenders. the fact Raikkonen was kept for next year shows they don't have much faith in an other drivers or the ones they do aren't available.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Well-Known Member

Well the new radio rules are daft.

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

A very wet Q1 is STILL underway, the 4th red flag has just gone out as Massa finds the armco after trying out the inters.

This is making for a very interesting qualifying, times are all over the place!

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

If Rosberg does not get a penalty for that "non-lift while double yellows" then F1 is a joke.

8. B1GBUD

As much as I dislike Tosberg, I thought that Alonso was already underway and the section was green again.... or has new evidence come to light?

9. faugusztin

Last edited: 23 Jul 2016
  10. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

He won't get a penalty no way. Never does he drove a broken car and lost basically nothing.

If Lewis had done that he would of got DQ. Same with the radio stuff if it was the other way around Lewis would of got massive penalty. Stewards seem to hate him.

11. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

And shock of all horrors no penalty. Lol

12. faugusztin

There was no investigation started yet, but that is because there was a GP2 race and right now there is a GP3 race. It can still happen.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Lewis will forever pay for the 2009 incident when he lied to stewards about Trulli overtaking him behind the safety car. It may have been on Mclaren's orders but he basically lost the chance of being given the benefit of the doubt ever again that day.

Whatever Rosberg's abilities lack on track, he is very good at explaining himself to stewards, maybe Lewis should take notes.

14. faugusztin

[​IMG]

Here we go.

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

16. B1GBUD

aaaah

17. faugusztin

Preliminary informations say he is not penalized. Good job FIA, i don't look forward to your explanations when a driver who "slows down like Rosberg under double yellows" will run through a race marshal or will T-bone a car on the race track.

Edit: Confirmed :
    [​IMG]

I guess they prefer situations like the one at 3:20 of this video :

Last edited: 23 Jul 2016
  18. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

what a joke...

Rosberg clearly ignored the yellows because he wanted pole, and if drivers keep ignoring saftey warnings, it will only be a matter of time before we have another Bianchi

19. faugusztin

Or another situation like this one, maybe even with a person behing in front of the car instead of just a car like it was in Heidfeld's case :

From now on, it is clearly a hunting season for race marshals under double yellows.

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have to laugh at the SkySportsF1 choice of closing song this week; "Bad Blood" by Ryan Adams (from his brilliant Taylor Swift cover album 1989).

It's anyone's guess who they're hinting at with that. Teams/drivers and the GPDA over this team radio nonsense? Lewis and Nico? Who knows!