1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Rosberg is a funny man, he was surprised at the penalty.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

I was not surprised did the same trick with Hamilton but they touched he has been due a penalty this season. What a dull race though.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Rosberg doesnt learn does he.

I was on full lock i was on full lock....yeh after he'd ran verstappen off the track.

4. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

The apex was miles away. Was he aiming for another track? He can't defend that move.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'd have way more respect for him if just once he'd say soz i fecked up.

You can see in his facial expressions in the interview he knows it was his fault.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

BBC lets one rip towards Ferrari: http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/36936300

Don't agree with saying that Ham has the title in the bag after just making it ahead by half-season. Ros has to come back with the fire of last year though.

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Rosberg did come back, but that was after Hamilton had already secured the title. I don't think Hamilton was giving it his 100%.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea that's what I'm saying he's got to deliver at that level, but whether it was because Ham had taken his foot off the gas...? (Seems that way.)

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Pretty much spot on about Ferrari, they are rapidly falling back into the old way of flailing Italians making grand statements, immediately failing, getting fired and replaced by more flailing Italians with more grand statements.

It says a lot that his family situation was apparently a secondary factor to Allison's leaving.

I don't think Vettel will stay beyond 2017, if he makes an offer to Red Bull, Merc or any other team they'd drag him through the door like a South Korean Border guard.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Do not think Merc would contemplate Hamilton Vettel in the same team. Not sure where Vettel could go from Ferrari, the big 2 alternatives have no spare seats pre 2018.

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I hear McLaren will win the championship in 2018

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Merc wouldn't want him unless Lewis leaves and I can't see RBR/Horner taking him back after the comments he dropped when he left. Vestappen and Ric are as good.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

No way will RBR take Vettel back - I think he's stuck at Ferrari for the foreseeable future.

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Not disagreeing, but I've been following F1 for over 15 years now and this set of words really hit me. Who'd have thunk we'd be saying "stuck" in relation to a Ferrari seat ten-odd years ago? Or heck, even in 2010, when they had a real shot?

Wow.

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That's because you've only been following F1 for fifteen years - I don't mean any disrespect by that, but this isn't the first time they've spent several years in the winderness. Before the Schumacher period, Ferrari's last Constructors title was back in the early eighties.

I bet Alonso is dying for someone to shive a mic in his face and ask if he thinks he made the right move, now. McLaren might be facing an uphill battle with the Honda PU, but Ferrari have everything in house and they are barely performing any better now than when he was there.

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ive never got the love for Ferrari.

17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Trouble with Ferrari is they are far too Italian.

They are too in love with the theatre and drama and big noises to actually do the job properly. In recent years probably the worst example of this was when Montezemolo 'demanded a head' for Ferrari's failure to win the 2010 title. That head turned out to be Aldo Costa, as in the designer of the last four years of Mercedes F1 car.

Nevermind that he was Rory Byrne's protege, that he had designed the 2006-10 cars that were the best or second best cars every year except 2009. The Emperor demanded a head, so a head must be provided!

Ross Brawn of course was delighted to see another of his former employees suddenly become available.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, incredible. Early 90s Ferrari all over again.

Solid 3rd place and going backwards. The only contenders I see going forwards though are Macca but they've a long way to go! Williams and TR are going backwards and everyone else is staying put.

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Williams goes in cycles, good for a couple of years then fall away. Problem has been since 97 the constant change of engines and a few failed designed they never looked the same team. BMW pit them towards the front then everything changed and they fell away. Its only been the last 3 years they've came good again.
    TR can thank Red Bull for their destruction with their toys and engine out the pram routeen then nabbing a driver halfway through the season. Ultimately TR have to deal with Kyvatt not Red Bull. Any other team would have given someone else a shot at this point but alas red bull driver academy is the only place to recruit.
    I can see Vettel taking a year out. Its not unheard of in F1 or being wooed to Renault oor McLaren depending how things go next season ie Hill or Villeneuve.
    Ferraris problem is the white in their car. Everyone knows its bad luck lol

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Williams have quite a few hidden issues under the skin of that car mainly relating to quality, that and its been pushed too far down a design philosophy of straight line speed which is great, till it comes to the inevitable corner. That and daft strategy calls don't help.

TR are a bit stuck Sainz is good but they've been dumped Kvyatt who is likely still carrying a chip on his shoulder for being dumped off from Red bull.

Ferrari, yep white on the cars never been a good omen but they are guilty of refusing to behave rationally simply demanding the head of someone for things they should be able to avoid.

F1 has always been like this teams rise and fall its usually a case of getting the right mix of driver, chassis designer, engine and crew together. At the moment Merc have it, next season it could remain the same or slide another way.

Ideal world youd want the current merc engine, Ross Brawn to come out of retirement, Newey and the Williams pit crew but not the strat guys!