1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech Formula 1 2014 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 24 Nov 2013.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Looks like pirelli have got the tyre choice pretty wrong...

Though given they had to decide upon what tyres to bring a few weeks before interlagos was resurfaced there's probably not much pirelli could've done...

2. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I heard Pirelli wanted to offer medium and hard tyres, but were told to give only medium and soft. Tyre manufacturers just can't win with F1.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Pretty boring race really just came down to tyre choices for the most part. Lewis finishes second again and he wins title.

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

On the Sky coverage, after the abortion that was the podium interview, when Nico went to collect his champagne, cap and trophy it looked like he mouthed the words "f*cking Pr*ck" but didn't initially realise the cameras were rolling and threw a nervous smile before the camera cut away?

Did anyone else catch that?

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Yeah, I thought something similar.

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That is almost 100% sure what Nico says there. Who is it aimed at, though (I didn't watch the race)

7. RedFlames

Whilst the BBC [Radio] coverage didn't include the interview, there was comments along the lines of 'Oh great, Nelson Piquet is doing the podium interviews... I hope they've given him a script this time...'

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Spoiler: They didn't.

9. RedFlames

I figured, but the BBC guys certainly thought he needed one before the interview so I got the impression he's notorious for bad interviews...

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I didn't notice what Rosberg was mouthing, but I got the impression he was pissed off with Massa having another wave at the crowd - probably because you'd think Massa had won it the way Piquet handled the interviews.

Piquet is a bungling fool, but Massa is worshipped in Brazil and you got 25 points, which is the important thing, so show some good grace you pasty-faced miserable tw@t.

11. B1GBUD

Some of these Reddit comments are hilarious

I thought it might have been directed at Lewis, after Nelson asked Lewis where Nicole was.... pretty much his one and only question before moving swiftly on to Massa. Lewis looked a little miffed and headed off the podium. Only to return a short while later with some non-alcoholic refreshments (which I suspect he was told to go back, rather than his decision).

12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Um, wow. I have never seen anyone misread a situation so spectacularly. :thumb:

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Please, fill us in on what actually took place.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Nelson Piquet most than likely, seemingly every interaction he makes ends with a human being saying those words.

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Lookingat Reddit.. .WOW! haha... seems like a truly moronic interview..

16. B1GBUD

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Christian Horner is engaged to Geri Halliwell. I didn't see that one coming, in fact I didn't even know he was divorced from his wife! Not that the personal lives of F1 team Principals is what this thread should be used for...

I've missed the past three race weekends, they're all on my Sky box at home. I'm probably going to have an F1 marathon some weekend before November is out! :D

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So: predictions for the final race?
    With Lewis needing to be second and Nico needing him to be third or lower, the pressure is surely on Nico.
    I mean: Lewis could just "Senna that" into turn 1.

Put another way: Lewis has everything to gain by going aggressive. Nico has everything to lose, since a DNF from Nico means that Lewis wins.

19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I hope Lewis has a bit more class than to do that. It's not like Senna is remembered favourably for that particular scene.

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I too just had a image of lewis in my head of doin to nico what nico did to him and just catching his back tyre.

But as others have said I expect lewis to give it his all and really go at Nico and fight for the race, I can see if the gap gets so huge to the pack behind and it gets dicey some really great quality racing, but overall lewis knows 2nd is all he will need, so I do expect towards the end of the race depending on the situation to see some restrain from lewis.