1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Bit-Tech Gaming Screenshots Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 2 Nov 2013.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

@Umbra: I really like your second to last picture ('My Little Pony)!

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Skyrim 2K Bleak ENB

[​IMG]

My Current Skyrim Character. It changes a lot, heh.

3. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

So many mods, so little time, I've not been playing skyrim that long and spent far more time modding it than gaming and I resisted having a female as my first character because there are so many mods for the women I knew I wouldn't get much gaming done and just end up with 1'000's of screenshots :D

4. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

He's mean :cooldude:
    Pete, have you posted any of your screenshots on the nexusmod site, there is an images section on the Mass Effect 3 page.

5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Right you are. I spend to much time modding skyrim; I must have over a dozen utilities just to organise my mod list. Over 200 mods, most of them for just her appearance XD

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

XCOM: Enemy Within

No, but since you mentioned it I checked it out. It's funny how people (myself included) take pictures at near identical points.
    I've tried playing Skyrim about two or three times now and each time I spend about 2-3 days getting mods installed, only to not really enjoy the game :(.

Completed XCOM (again). The damn Sectopods are b*****d hard now - I had to deal with FOUR of the gits in one terror mission: that took a long time, even with the fact I'm a cheat that keeps loading save games until I get the best result I can.

Click on images for UHD Edit: just noticed that Imageshack has changed its default setting to resize all images to tiny :().

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Jan 2014
  7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

XCOM: Enemy Within

Click on images for UHD Edit: just noticed that Imageshack has changed its default setting to resize all images to tiny :().

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Jan 2014
  8. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

A couple of mine

Mirrors Edge

[​IMG]

Metro Last Light
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

If I ever finish Skyrim I will play the Mass Effect and Metro games, I've not played any of them yet and they both look really good.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

@ mrMonkeyChunks:Mirror's Edge is on my list of games to replay - absolutely excellent games and am looking forward to the sequel. Hmm, Metro...I need a new game to play...

@Umbra: give me a shout when you get to Mass Effect 3 - I've got a list of all the hi res packs worth using. You are also limited to how many you can load at once (or at least that's what I've found).

Pretty much finished Deadpool - I was playing on hard and the last boss was quite frankly annoying me, so I decided to leave it (I wasn't missing much from what I've seen on Youtube). An okayish game.

Click on images for UHD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Fallout New Vegas (NMC Texture & Enhanced Shader)

Only just got started & need to improve photography skills ;) (Click for full size)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

That's because it was the developer that actually made the artistic scene. All we are doing here it taking photo's of movies at the cinema; Apart from multiplayer.

13. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

That's true for vanilla games but some games like Skyrim have 1'000's of mods available and they can change the appearance of the characters and the environments often beyond all recognition of the vanilla game and some mods also add new areas to explore and combined with mods that allow camera angles that are not possible in the vanilla game you can get unique viewpoints of the game.

The horses in my recent shots are not in the vanilla game neither is their armour, the giant tress, the added HD textures on just about everything, the HD foliage with new plant types and grass, the vastly improved water and HD texture meshes on the rocks, yes, the location scene is designed by the game developers but that's about all that's left of the original scene after modding, compared to the vanilla game it looks like a new location, the beauty of modding is that people can make their own unique looking game, 1'000's of mods, 1'000's of different unique scenarios.

14. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Mods are great, I'm not disputing that. It's my newly found disaffection for singleplayer in general, and specifically here it comes down to what separates a story from a game; Which is the players involvement, what makes a game a game is the doing - something that gets lost in a screenie. I'm not trolling, it's just that I'd like to see something more evocative.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You know there are women in RL as well, don't you? :eyebrow:

16. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

Female Nude mods kinda nulify that lol.

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

There are even female nude mods in the real world as well. You can touch the bits and everything.

[​IMG]

18. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Sure do, and that's why I prefer to keep them there, don't need all the dramatics in my gaming had enough of that in the real world, I swear some of them live in a world that's a Simm based soap opera :rolleyes:
    I hope who ever invented divorce got all the rewards and accolades they deserved, biggest contribution to male sanity ever.

19. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I think I understand what your saying and yes it's not easy to convey in a picture all that may be happening and you are limited with what you can do, some people post process screenshots beyond all recognition, I don't do that what you see is what was there but each to their own.

It should also be remembered that this thread was started by Pete J with this idea in mind.

You said you wanted to see something more evocative but that's a personal thing and very hard to convey to others especially if they are not familiar with the game, many skyrim screenshots are posted on the nexusmod forum but to anyone who's not played skyrim they might well appear as mundane but if you know the characters and locations and situations they are in then the shots can convey far more and be quite evocative, for sure it's hard for a single screenshot to compete with even a short video but it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I find this skyrim video really evocative and I certainly couldn't capture the emotion in it with a single screenshot but I don't know if anyone could?

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Metro 2033

True. I suppose the fact that I took so many screenshots for the Mass Effect series shows that Bioware know their cinematography well. But as Umbra implies, it doesn't stop me appreciating a screenshot from a cut scene!

Anyway, less discussion, moar screenshots!

I want to play Metro Last Light but feel I should play through 2033 again. The game is an absolute pig to run but looks lovely and is about as atmospheric as it gets. Bloody difficult though.

Click on images for UHD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]