1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows THE bit-tech StarCraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 5 Jul 2010.

1. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Cannon defense is a no...unless you are forge Fast expanding but even then you can get away with 1 cannon, only throwing down more if you scout a roach rush coming. Then throw down 3 or 4 cause if you survive it you win.

But the beauty of this game is teching building an army and developing an economy. It all requires a balance.

I rarely 2 base colosus vs zerg. and only really do it after a FFE. with 3 gates and 2 robos. But only if i see mass hydra. Otherwise Ill go 4 gate robo or stargate getting a quick 3rd and trying to wall it in. (easier on some maps then others.

Nothing like showing a zerg colosus seeing 10 curuptors pop out and then demolishing them with void ray & blink stalker whilst you build immortals :p Then once theree currutors gone....dbl robo colosus :D

The poor zergy dont know what to do.

2. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

That is mean, however

Mass Speedlings always works, if they don't you simply doesn't have enough :p

But honestly no proper Zerg would leave you alone for enough time to build a too large army. harass is what we are here for.

3. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

or just play the n00b race and do 2 rax all ins in every game :p

4. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I have yet to lose to a 2 rax, lost to many other builds but not a 2 rax.

Damn banshees

5. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Banshee's -_-

Must say thou that i havnt seen a banshe build for quite some time. Prob cause if i see 2 gas its a 4 gate win. And if they wall in I go void rays so they cant get cloak anyways.

But mass speedling is a pain in the arse to deal with. But then I relise i can build more sentrys and FF them away so Colosuses melts them. You ever seen mass speedling vs 8 colosus.....the mass number of burning carcusses is such a joy to look at. :p

Good harrasing zergs are a pain in the arse to deal with. But there are so many noobs that over produce mutas or lings and then you see em at you natural or 3rd and just 1 a to the back of there base and lol.

What i find funny bout terran is the on both SEA and NA servers...the most ppl iv ever seen in the terran strat forums is 4!!!! lol. But then again......get stim, build marines....bring scvs....DONE!!!! lol.

2 rax....i lol when i see that, 3 gate with 2 sentrys stop push expan. Win 5 mins latter.

6. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

2 rax is only dangerous when a zerg goes 14 hatch, and even then it is not that lethal.

Overproducing lings... wait what, is that possible :hehe:

When against a Terran I always get a banelings nest, you just never know when you need a few well placed burrowed banelings. and there is nothing like removing a huge terran army with just a handful banelings.

7. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

8. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Been playing with new patch for 4 days. PvP can stioll be 4 gate battles. But multiple sentrys for defence are far stronger, paving way for a 3gate robo, which i feel may take over the Matchup.

And really not much change for other matchups. Other than Archon, zealot pressure on a zerg is amazingly strong.

Havnt played any good terrans yet that have tried the thor build. But, i like them getting energy again. They were nearly imposible to destroy with SCV's surrounding them, even with mass immortals.

9. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    So, PvZ continues unbalanced?

10. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

If your remotely interested in Starcraft 2, check out the finals from the TSL3 last night. Amazing games that went all the way.

11. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Will be checking that out once the vods are up on TSL3 website.......24 hours and there still not up :'(

12. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

lp1988 likes this.
  13. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Now up on TSL website. Seen games 1 & 2, very high quality game game 2. Game 1 was a bit cheesy :s No more details. Im not one for spoilers.

14. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

If you thought game 2 was good, game 5/6/7 are crazy.

15. Pughy

Pughy Fancy a game of Starcraft?

The entire finals was top notch and probable the best series I've seen thus far in SC2, I think the final game could have ended alot differently though. Game 3 was one of my favourites, that blink micro is so sweet.

16. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

17. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

18. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

This recently finished GSTL finals were absolutely amazing. Worth a look for sure!

19. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Final game of that finals series was the most epic of epic comebacks. Reminded me of TLO's comeback in GSL season 1 with the nukes. Just not that innovative thou.

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Videos, images, previews of Heart of the Swarm:
    - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-30-starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-preview
    - http://ca.kotaku.com/5806131/hands-...f-the-swarm-now-with-more-rpg-and-space-yetis
    - http://ca.kotaku.com/5806466/new-st...en-shots-annotated-for-your-pleasure/gallery/
    - http://ca.kotaku.com/5806853/see-starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-in-action-for-the-first-time

Will turn the game into a RTS\RPG mix, à la Warcraft III. :grr:

Tags: