1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blair Witch Project

Discussion in 'General' started by acron^, 31 May 2004.

1. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I think I am one of the only people I know who found this film pretty scary...

Pyschological masterpiece or Low-budget flop?

Discuss.

[I thought the way in which the suspense and 'horror' was created by one's own mind, was in fact genius. The way that the viewer never actually saw any vile creatures but let their own imagination do the scaring.]

2. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I didn't stop laughing at the stupidness of it all :/

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I have to admit I found it more funny than scary. Although, unlike Emzay, I wasn't laughing at "the stupidness of it all". I was laughing at a lot of the stuff which was clearly meant to be funny, but too many people missed through feeling ill with motion-sickness or being scared with anticipation.

When they dropped the map in the river I was in hysterics :hehe:

The noises in the woods, etc. didn't scare me as I live in the country and we always used to camp out & scare the crap out of each other anyway.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Didn't think this was a very good film tbh - it was too cheesy most of the way through apart from the end, when it actually became something like a scary film...

5. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

The problem that many people have is that they seem to forget that what your supposed to be watching is the videotape that the police found at the house. When you keep this in mind, it's pretty scary in a psychological aspect. However if you watch in as in expecting lots of gore, slashing etc, then it becomes a pile of pants.

It wasn't to bad a film, but I wish it wasn't quite as shaky as it was, as I was one of those that suffered the motion sickness when watching it.

6. batsman

batsman the quiet one

its good in the sence it leave it to your imagination to continue the story at the end.

but in my opinion i thought the film sucked, and those kids deseved to die for not being able to read a mpa, you dont go camping without the right gear, its like going to a LAN party with no base unit or game skills

7. Sniper-X

Sniper-X What's a Dremel?

i like the film as seen from the aspect of it was supposed to be real and i thought the way it was all set up as a actuall pretty cool ...but i thought the only scary part was about the last 1min or so when they are in the old house and she drops the camera and it shows the guy standing the corner :rock: that was a great scene .....on another note has anyone here played the game based on the movie ...it is pretty scary and has some decent graphics

Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr

Last edited: 1 Jun 2004
  8. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Yeah I have to agree the only good bit was the very end. Mind you I was watching it when it was on tv and doing other things at the same time so I probably never gave the film the attention it needed.