1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Bureau studio 2K Marin loses its staff

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Oct 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

It says a worrying amount about the industry that nobody bats an eyelids or comments in these stories. I remember when there would have been outrage!

3. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

I agree miles!,
    Unfortunately a majority of production companies are moving overseas, for cheaper labor, especially when it comes to those overtime hours.
    There is silent outrage, especially by those that applied to "available" positions that were posted on the 2k Marin site.
    Globalization is what it is all about, and until our wages are pushed down enough to compete with secondary countries, companies that produce games will continue to move/downsize.

4. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Well I still dont see why everyone decided it was an awful game. For me it was a credible attempt at mixing the genres. Cant disagree with the difficulties issues, but then, isnt it nice to have a hard game again? Oh well, good luck to those that have lost their jobs.