1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 The Call of Duty 4 Thread WARNING SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pranks7er, 9 Nov 2007.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

i agree with the sniping part, sometimes i just ran from cover to cover so my team would advance and the enemies would stop spawning.
    Waht bugs have you found? I dont remember any.

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I got to the missile control room and the guy with the crazy mustache said follow me and just stood there. After about 10 minutes I decided to kill him so it would reload and then it worked.

I constantly found my teammates would run around corners, stand in the open and shoot at the enemy. If I did the same thing I would be dead within a couple of seconds. That is not how it should be in my opinion.

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

yeah, i loved it when i would see the grenade icon and run for cover, then look back and see 3 guys standing by it when it blows up. it wasn't too realistic. I still had more fun at the start of the game than towards the end. by the end i had figured out that if i was getting stuck at a part of a level its because i had to run somewhere to stop the endless spawning.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Jamie has a good point though. Regardless of your preferred approach - stealthy or Rambo - at some point you have to go all John Rambo and charge past some invisible trigger that suddenly tells the bad guys to stop respawning. Seems to happen more so on the full of combat sections in the towns than the more open areas. But it really chips away at the sense of immersion when you suddenly realise the game is expecting you to advance a bit further before it closes the flood gates of cannon fodder. Fine on a really arcadey game like Stranglehold or something, but this feels really artificial.

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I'm on the last stand bit after hauling the SAS sniper dude to the evacuation spot in Chernobyl. And I am at the point of giving up. I must have replayed it after the first wave of dudes maybe 15 times. I'm on Hardened and just end up getting humped every time as I can't physically shoot enough of them as they approach. Any tips?

6. Jamie

I got stuck on this very point at which I decided I would trade it in for AC. However someone mentioned somewhere in this thread or on the forums that if you run around behind the bumper cars with an ak47 or similar you can easily last until the helicopter arrives. Just use frag and flashes when you start getting rushed and and always remember to keep moving. I didn't even crouch.

That's how I found I could do it, I was playing on Hard and couldn't for the life of me survive anywhere else.

7. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

That would have been me and it worked on veteran, also if you want to be lazy just lie down and about 2 people will come, then when the helicopter comes wait for a while and let the guys shoot them then run likea girl.

8. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

:eyebrow::eyebrow::nono:

you get arrested for tha kind of stuff :p

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

My brother borrow this game and I started to play the first mission after training and a little disapointed in the graphics. They seem very poor at 1080p. I hope it looks better later one becuase in my opinion it looks terrible.

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I'm already getting a little upset at some of the tactics of players online. I'm not trying to tell people how to play, but seriously, does everyone have to do it on every map? Some maps are no good for sniping, yet lowe and behold I find some moron crouching in the far back corner thinking he's going to get a kill streak because he has the .50 Cal Sniper Rifle with Deep Impact perk. No buddy, sometimes, you have to actually look for someone, or actually, standing out a window with an M16 or an M4 is little more effective in an Urban setting with debris everywhere with no good sniping points.

Argh it's just annoying.

11. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Well I see very little tactics in multiplayer, people just seem to storm the other teams spawn and counter act each other so they end up at the wrong side of the map. So being a big scaredy cat and sitting in a corner with a machine gun works.

12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Multiplayer is limited to full on gung-ho tactics due to the spawn rate and size of the maps, until you rank up enough to unlock the Sabotage et al modes which makes things much more tactical.

Personally I think it's the best online experience I've had since BF2 on the PC. I normally hate full on hectic multiplayer but this... I'm addicted. I think it depends wholly on the team of players you get - especially on Domination games, the firefights and teamplay can be stunningly good.

The perks and ranking system are the jewel in the crown imho. I have never felt as motivated to play an online game as much as this - it adds almost a single player RPG element to it, forcing you to try loads of different styles and weapons in order to earn everything available.

13. Orionche

Orionche Guest

The bumpercar strategy is the best option if you're playing on Veteran. The MOST annoying part I encountered were the missile silos (the facility itself). It took me two days to conjure up some idea on how to beat that part (Veteran diff.). The only thing I absolutely HATE about CoD 4 is the enemy's AI. On veteran, these guys are nothing but headshot aimbot wallhacking *******s that see only you. God forbid they shoot the rest of the SAS guys. Having played the previous CoD games, its amazing to see that the AI hasn't been improved much since CoD 1.:wallbash:

But overall, its a great game. Possibly the best of 2007. Played the multiplayer (mostly S&D) and I never had so much fun online. :) It could use some re-balancing, though... Grenade launcher and the P90 need to go. :)

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i still havent passed that last stand thingy. i tried running down that right alley and around the corner and no one came but when the chopper comes i die trying to get to it. i tried hiding behind the bumper cars but die running to the chopper. hmmmm

one possible reason that the graphics dont look great in 1080p is on the xbox360 the game is 600p so upconverting 600p to 1080p aint gonna look good.

i agree there are many people online. thats why my Kill/Death keeps going up everyday.

this morning i decided to get that free for all award thingy where you have to finish in the top3 in 10 matches. well in the 10 full matches i played i got 1st place in all but one or two where i got 2nd. i kept getting to 30 kills so the score limit was reached. my best was like 30-6. i used the m60 with grip, stopping power and last stand.

i dont see whats wrong with p90 and GL. just use something to counter it. i rarely get killed by a GL. and p90 no more often than other guns. i like the mp5 better than p90 except p90 has bigger clip. the semi auto shotty is awesome though.

usually i just play HQ. lots of fun.

what level are you guys? stats?

mine:
    score is like 71000
    time played is i think 1 day and 19-21 hours.
    kills is somehwere around 6400
    kill death is 1.62
    i have one more loss than wins. dont know numbers. i think its like 166 and 167 though
    accuracy is 20%

im level 31 i think.
    in the first prestige mode.

whats ur fav. custom classes?

mine:

mp5 w/ red dot
    deagle
    3x frag
    stopping power
    sleight of hand
    martyrdom

.50 cal
    deagle
    claymore
    stopping power
    deep impact

m60 w/ grip
    deagle
    stopping power
    last stand

only shoot one shot at a time and you will own with that one.

semi auto shotgun
    mp5
    3x frag
    overkill
    martyrdom

thats what i like to use if i can.

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I prefer my Sub-Machine guns with Double Tap as opposed to Stopping Power.

16. Jamie

It took me a few hours to get through the missile silo section. Not only was it difficult not to get shot in the back and/or face there was a stupid time limit :wallbash:

17. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

my favorite kits are:
    M4
    Red dot
    bandolier
    stopping power
    deep impact

P90
    red dot
    3 frag
    sleight of hand
    deep impact

R700
    claymores
    deep impact
    iron lungs

MP5
    silencer
    UAV blocker
    deadly silence
    3 stun

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

onyl thign with double tap is you empty your clip faster and then you may get caught reloading. and you run out of ammo fast.

what i really love about the m60 is the clips are so huge and because i only shoot 3 shots and the persons dead i reload the thing maybe once in 5 games. lol

now if been trying to get the sabotage award thingy and its gonna be hard as i keep getting put on super sucky teams and the other team always plants and my teammates just sit around doing nothing. :( while i have 4 times as many kills as anyone in the room but i cant stop a whole team from planting myself. it ticks me off. but hen once in a while i'll have good teammates and we just totally clean up which is fun. :)

19. pritsey

pritsey Minimodder

Just got COD4 for 360 this xmas 0 gotta say I love it! Stoppedusing the PC for gaming since I got the xbox and 1080p TV really.

In a couple of days of playing now and again I think I'm up to rank 17 (Gunnery Sergeant?) and have unlocked Ak47 to ACOG, have the 1911, M21 and M4 as well. Don't like the M16, dunno why! Fave setup seems to be AK47 with ACOG or red dot, any pistol, steady aim, stopping power. Gotta play more to unlock the red dot on M4 and MP5 - love this gaem so much! Shame the Mrs doesn't....lol

Tags: