1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases The Coolermaster Elite 110 Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 8 Jan 2015.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

So many of us have bought these dinky little beauties for £19.99, I thought it’d be nice if they had their own thread.

[​IMG]

I’m particularly interested in:

• Function – what people plan to do with it, given its form factor (HTPC, LAN rig, main rig!)
    • GPUs - this only takes GPUs up to 21cm, so it’ll be interesting to see what people put in there.
    • Cooling – this thing will fit 140mm fan up front, but is also compatible with 120mm AIO kits (40mm max (H80 etc) with just push). Or will you go stock!!!

To open things up; I go home to my parents house once a month or so to see them, but also to have a LAN with my friends that still live in Surrey. Normally I lug my ITX rig down there from London, but it’s a bit of a ballache and it’d be great to have something already there that I can just carry over in a backpack.

Therefore, I’m going to upgrade their current rig (an aging G530 and Fractal 1000), and replace it with the CM Elite 110, a ASRock A85X ITX motherboard, a 760K and a H80 – all of which I was going to sell. I can use their current SSD, PSU (Corsair CX430) and RAM (4GB). The only thing I’ll actually need is a GPU. My options here are limited to what the CX430 can handle – and of course what will fit in the case. Currently I’m thinking a 750ti or 260X – whichever I can get cheapest. :thumb:

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I have the Elite 120 I can retire now but no plans for this, I have an old Itx mobo that's doing nothing I'll chuck in as test rig or HTPC

3. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Moving my server into it.

Mine arrived from ebuyer today.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2015
  4. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

5. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Just got an email off Amazon, my 2 have been dispatched :D.

6. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

i just ordered 1 from amazon too and have a Asus H81i-PLUS and 3258 to go in it with zotac 660ti and 8gb

i have a cm130 for media system which it will replace for basic steam machine

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Will a 660Ti fit?

8. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Got one myself. Been wanting this case since bit-tech did a preview on it January last year!

Plan to move my main rig into it so I can move it around easier.

Going for H80i cooling, 750ti GPU. Going to be fun :)

9. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Ordered one and i'm going to TRY and fit my entire 250D internals into it.. With some *slight* modding, of course! Just to see if I can get a really portable system for my Uni room.
    Internals would be:
    i3-4130
    Low profile cooler
    EVGA 750Ti SC
    8Gb 1600mHz RAM
    1x SSD & 1x HDD
    200mm LED Fan
    120mm LED Fan
    Card reader Hub
    Slim Blu-ray drive
    (Soon to arrive) Strider 450W Modular psu with custom length cabling

Then probably putting a carry handle, window onto the mobo area and some case feet for the modding.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I don't have a suitable psu yet really.

My 120 has a non modular in it and the dvd drive cage has plenty of space to shove all the excess cabling, where as the 110's space for excess is non existent.

I'm tempted to cut off all the unused cables and sleeve the ends and maybe even shorten the cables that are need but I don't have any tools to do it.

I have the skills just not the equipment :(

12. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

13. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I have some crazy ideas, WC maybe!

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Mine arrived today.

It's official, the 560ti definitely doesn't fit (well the one I have anyway), I thought I would get away with trimming some of the shroud at the end to shorten the overall length but you physically can't turn the card into place.

If only CM had screwed the front part of the frame instead of riveting then I reckon I could have gotten it to work. There is even a cut out directly where the pcie power connector would fit (the sockets are on the end of this card)

Turns out it wasn't a twin frozr I had in my ITX pc but a gigabyte windforce 560ti(my lad has my frozr).

15. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

This thread needs more build pics. I'm tempted, but I'm put off by the psu hanging out the back. It reminds me of these teenagers that wear their jeans below their arse.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Some manufacturers are now offering 170mm GTX970's according to Bit's sister site Hexus.

17. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Could they do a version of this with a SFX power supply mound that doesn't hand out the back? If you were running an i3/i5 and a 750Ti you could get away with a 300W unit, which you can get reasonably cheap.

18. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

You won't see the back anyway folks so don't be put off by it. My 2 arrived but I haven't opened them, what's the USB 3.0 header cable like?

I know majority of internal header cables (mostly corsair) use a thick round cable that's quite hard to feed, whereas Enermax for example use a flat cable almost like a sata cable that is much nicer.

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It's not overly thick to be honest and quite handily it has a built in USB 2 header connector which is brilliant for me if I decide to use the board I currently have as it doesn't have a USB 3 header.

I would have had to buy an adaptor to be able to use the USB 3 ports on the front panel seeing as there isn't any USB 2 ones like on the 120.

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Mine arrived at my parents house today - I should have one coming up in the next week or two!