1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division - General

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 25 Feb 2016.

1. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I've only had it a couple of days, got a discount code for it and had just been paid so figured "Why not?" So far I'm finding it very slick, controls well and the shooting is good fun. I'm only at level 11 so far but that's likely to change as I'm now off work until Tuesday with no plans other than the PC - good times :p

The lighting and weather effects were a little jarring at first but surprisingly immersive, limited visibilty between different light intensities is implemented really well and the way that you can't tell friend from foe in snow until you get really close is just gorgeous. I'm finding my normal, cautious playing style for shooters is being rewarded rather than penalised, DMRs are monstrous with the appropriate penalties up close and SMGs really shine as bullet hoses :)

The talents could perhaps do with a little balancing, most seem fairly innocuous at my level where others are just monstrously OP for a DMR player. Example: Repo Reaper gives me 30 primary weapon rounds for a pistol kill. That's a third of my max capacity and 5 times more than I use in a random encounter. With that equipped, a turret and healing station I can just bunker down and snipe without using any consumables or effectively an ammo at all as long as I let one get close enough for a pistol kill or just bullet spam at range. Obviously this is very limited experience so far but I suspect that we need to be thoroughly prepared for nerfs and buffs in the future.

The only actual downside so far is that I got my copy through Uplay directly and any gaming contacts I have are through Steam but that's a minor hiccup.

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Man i always go solo but started matchmaking and finding groups and 2 nights ago i was teamed up with another English Chap and an American which made the game a million times more fun with the steady flow of banter we ended up in a team for about 4-5 hours? The time went ridiculously quick and was amazing.

My names Fappers07 if anyone wants to team up!

edit : level 8

3. Grimloon

Good point, forgot to add that I show up as Grimsmith74.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

playing in groups is way better yeah. running round the DZ with a possy is really fun and makes things much easier in the 32 level area's.

One thing i think they did well was the match making, its fast and painless.

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

What "specialty" do you guys upgrade in your tree? I'm planning to go with turret way etc.
    I wonder if it's worth upgrading medic side?

6. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

You'll have upgraded them all by the time you hit level 30.

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

yeah, you get them all and you can re select what you want to do when ever you like.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Oh, cool, I thought it will be like in Witcher - you need to choose wisely..:)

9. Grimloon

Turret and healing station for solo play so far, I'll change based on group once I hit DZ.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

smart cover and pulse for me, dead people dont shoot back

11. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

anyone hit dark zone level cap yet

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Boom, level 30 :)

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Still not hit 50 yet (41 atm), it's a little bit grindy since the only way you can earn XP in DZ right now is by killing mobs over and over and waiting for them to respawn.

14. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Finally solo'd my way to 30. Haven't completed the story missions yet. Not sure how much I will play once I've done that. Still not thrilling me, making me appreciate Destiny a lot more though! XD

15. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I got this game on PC by accident (got a PC key when I meant to select PS4) and it's one of the most unstable games I've played. On average I have to load it up 5-6 times before it will get up and running without crashing. I've tried:

1. Disabling everything in the background (including Avast)
    2. Running all settings on low
    3. Reinstalling game files
    4. Verifying game files
    5. Wiping and reinstalling C++ files
    6. Wiping and reinstalling DirectX
    7. Running latest Nvidia drivers, and rolling back to old ones
    8. Running in admin and compatibility mode

I generally crash on the 'connecting' screen, although anytime before this or before the main menu is also common place. I think I'm going to cut my losses and buy it again for the PS4. Even when I do get it running, with the spec in my signature and everything on low I'm averaging 28-30fps, that's rubbish.

16. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

yet to load this game, keep getting sucked into Factorio, silly really that a game i spent £60 on is getting no attention to a game i spent £15 on

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

The story missions are great and give **** loads of xp. I'm surprised you've got to level 30 without doing them tbh.

18. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Hm. It seems that with FPS limit off it was sitting between 25-30FPS. If I set it to 60FPS I can run things on medium-high and it will actually play at 60FPS.

Now to solve the constant crashing.

19. Hex

I did some, I just haven't finished them yet. Been clearing all encounters and gathering intel from each area. I think I have 2 story missions left now, I unlocked all the safe houses way earlier than was sane XD. The last one when under-levelled and solo was... scary. Yay for being used to playing stealth games!

The bugged Echo logs are driving me crazy. Sitting on my map when I've already got them or showing on my map but not being there when I'm at the location (I googled them, they are the bugged ones, I'm not missing anything).

Talking of bugs, is it just me (and the few friends I've spoken to) or do the enemy AI get buggier as you go on?! The LMB seem to be the absolute worst with teleporting all over the place. I've had encounters just end for no reason and had to leave the area and wait for it to reset and try again. It also suffers from Ubisofting and I'll be running along a road and suddenly be facing a wall going nowhere, unable to walk forward with invisible walls blocking my path - but they are gone when step back and try again! Don't get me started on trying to open a chest when there's a door anywhere in a 500 mile radius. Oh yeah and the amount of times I've died because a JTF Officer has blocked my roll out of a grenade - arghhhh!

That said I am enjoying the story. Though not yet understanding how we are any better than the Cleaners or LMB really. We're all just killing people, at least the Cleaners kind of have the right intentions (even if they hate asthma).

20. Hex

My friend's girlfriend can't get it to run without crashing on her PC too. Not sure on specs, but I can have a look and see if there's anything you both have. Really not sure why she bought it as the open beta crashed for her all the time too!:duh: