1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion goes gold

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 3 Mar 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

First game I don't meet the minimum specs for in a long time :(

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Finally ^^ This game was one of the reasons to buy a 360 for me, but I would've much prefered it on the PC, now I've got my new gaming rig thats not a problem, so, for a few more months I have no good reason to buy a 360 (good news saying I have no money to buy one :p)

I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on this game, although, the graphical quality seems to have taken a bit of a beating. I think bethesda realised you'd need a supercomputer to run it, or peoples eyes would melt just looking at the game.

But whats most important is the gameplay, if thats really good I'll be more than happy.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

collectors edition pre-ordered from play
    I've been waiting for this moment since I finished morrowind (for the umpteenth time) :rock:

5. squeck

squeck Lurker

well i loved morrowind and i expect this is gonna be amazing. i might have to put world of warcraft on hold :eeek:

the collectors edition is on amazon for £34.99 btw

6. _Kat_

_Kat_ New Member

YEEEEEES!! Finally... After waiting for almost a year it's here!! Words can't describe how happy I am! Now all I need is Spore and I can die happy...

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Is it RTS? Ive heard of it but never played.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Is that sarcasm or do you not actually know? Well if you really don't know its an RPG, which can be viewed in either first or 3rd person (1st is best for this game). Basically you start off in a prison, get released, given a main storyline quest, and from then on you can go about doing absolutely anything you want in a huge 6sq mile are (might be larger, can't remember the exact number).

You could go and complete the main quest, be the hero, or you could go "nah f**k that emperor" and go on a mad murdering rampage through a quaint medieval style town.

9. Aankhen

Aankhen New Member

The game world is 16 sq. miles.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2006
  10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I meant RPG. :duh:

11. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd New Member

Mann.... I AM SO FRIGGEN HYPED FOR THIS GAME!!! I will not leave my armchair for weeks... My 360 controller will slowly become part of my hand.... I CAN'T WAAAIT

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Suuuuuuuuuuure ya did.

13. Mafney

Mafney New Member

I wish I had a 360.... or a super good PC to play it on.... :waah:

14. NuTech

NuTech New Member

I know there isn't too many console fans on this forum (for obvious reasons), but you have to hand it to Microsoft, they've made it possible to play this calibre of game for little over £200. That's quite an achievement considering £200 will only get you a mediocre graphics card in today's PC market.

15. Garside

Garside New Member

I recently bought Morrowind to see whether or not Oblivion would be my type of game. Morrowind is enjoyable if a little boring at times, a lot of travelling and wondering around not knowing exactly where to go. The hard core Elder Scrolls fans may scream "thats the point!" but it can get tedious.

Enjoyable game though, free roaming concept reminds me a little of MMORPG.

16. Mafney

Mafney New Member

I totally agree with you there, that is one advantage of console gaming. Its cheaper than buying a whole new PC, but In the long-run Im sure they must add up about the same when you consider games, extra hardware etc.

17. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

Like Bindi, i didn't have a clue about this game until Mister_tad introduced me to it.
    Now i can't wait for it! :D

18. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Pre ordered from play.com cant wait to play and how much it will stress my rig =)

19. Kasrkin Guard

Kasrkin Guard New Member

Kind of funny I'll be majorly upgrading my rig, but I may not be able to snag a copy of the game (I can only wish it will come bundled a little later :D). I have some high hopes for the game still, but shall be waiting to see what the general consensus is before buying it.

Tags: Add Tags