1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Elite Modder - cvriv_mechmate_001

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cvriv.charles, 24 May 2009.

1. cvriv.charles

cvriv.charles I'll do it myself,...

Hey guys. Sorry but havent had time to work on my router model. Been working and running around getting stuff. done. It's a really stressful time we're going through right now.

The financial guy is emailing us everyday with new stuff we need to get to him. I dont know why he cant just sum it up in one email, LOL. Apperently some things we faxed ended up looking like crap on his side. Plus some other things I guess the bank said they needed that weren't included within the stuff we faxed.

We're waiting on the seller to finish doing all we asked him to do which really wasn't much but there were two major things that he needed to do to sell his house period. One was to replace the septic system's distribution box and two was to dig up an old unused oil tank underground. I think he has it all done. The thing is that he's waiting on the board of health to inspect it before he covers it. They have not returned his call yet.

Also we have to meet up with the seller so he can prove that the furnace in the garage works.

Our realtor is shooting a closing on this friday but I dont think thats going to happen because both myself and my girl are working that day. not that I personally care. Its just that she,.... does. So her next day off is tuesday so I guess thats our closing day. granted everything on the other side is done.

@cheapskate - Nah. I'm moving it. You see the oil tank for the furnace is unmounted and needs finishing. So I figured it would be the perfect time to move the furnace. I'll set the furnace in the small clean room and once set I'll cement some kind of foundation on the outside for the tank. It has to go in there because of all the dust that will be generated. I am actually hoping to have the routers upstairs and the plasma cutters and other heavy machines downstairs. I am hoping that the upstairs will be able to hold up 1700lbs. I dont see why it wouldnt be able to.

2. RaveenaJust

RaveenaJust Banned

o I decided to go ahead and build a MechMate
    http://***********/imgs/signature_singh.jpg:)

3. cvriv.charles

As in your going to build one now? Awesome. Look for the thread on lasered parts. Theres a guy by the name of joe. He sells kits that include all the parts that should be lasered that are lasered and bent already. The tag is about 500USD+ for the kit shipped. Check with him for exact pricing. Well worth it. Will save you a boat load of time, frustration, and yes,.... even money.

I'll be purchasing a kit from him.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Raveena guy was a spambot.
    I got my little cnc rig running yesterday. I can't wait to actually use it.
    Oil furnaces are alien creatures to me. As long as you don't have any CO3 issues, I guess it's OK. The ducting for that one is easy too.
    Good luck on closing!:D

5. cvriv.charles

How do you know RaveenaJust is a bot? Anyways,... why would I have problems with CO3? This is a furnace for a home. Oil heating is new to me. Im use to natural gas but where I want to live I have to deal with it because out there they are behind:) The house runs and gas and propane. I forgot how its setup.

Good luck with your cnc. You going to be doing blocks with it? Eventually I want to give it a shot. Right after I build this router I have to build a plasma cutter. They are just awesome. Awesome.

Also,... we might be closing on friday after all. As long as everything goes smooth, friday it is. I want to move my stuff over asap. I'll have pics of the progress.

6. cvriv.charles

YO! I got my house and most importantly my garage. I have some things to do first before I can start working in there. I have some work that needs to be done first, on the garage and house. So I will keep you guys posted.

7. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Congrats!

8. cvriv.charles

Damn. Sorry I havent posted anything in a while. I have been so busy with work and with the house. I have so much work to do on the house. I totally gutted the basement out to refinish it. The house is "just" livable right now. We have to fixed it up and get it to the point we cant actually buy furniture and stuff. Our clothes are still in suit cases.

I have been working on the garage too. Getting it ready for my work in there. Slowly but surely im getting there. Im doing all the work myself because my GF doesnt know how to do much stuff like this. She has done some but she's a half-asser so I have to watch her closely so she doesnt do something wrong.

the garage was taking in some water when it rains. So I had a to did a french drain around the garage. I couldnt have the place take on water with my stuff in there. The soil was level with the foundation so the drain is working perfectly. I just have to finish going around the front of the garage so the water doesnt roll back into the garage.

I have to replace some windows in there, put up sheet rock, epoxy paint the floors and then I think I'll be ready to go. I already built a new table:) It's massive! So much bettre than the last one at the studio This is one can stop bullets. Swear. The table top has 3 sheets of 3/4" plywood with a formica surface:) I could pick this table up if I absolutely had too. I can climb on top of it and it wont budge.

Also can into some truck trouble. My truck is dying on me. The head needs to be rebuilt so I have to do that soon. I ended up buying a used car so I could drive that around while im fixing the truck. This way i'll always have something to drive. The used car is,.... my favorite car in the whole wide world:) A porsche 951:) So happy with it. So fast. Paid 7500 for it. Best investment I have made in a long time. But still,... if my truck was fine I could of used that money on my mechmate! Damn.

But no worres though. My GF is going to help me out with all that;) She is supporting me and my work and she's going to help me afford stuff. LOL. So it shouldnt be to long before I get started. I have to atleast finish the basement before I can start building my mechmate router.

I have been working on my mechmate model I just havent had time to take pics and post them. My desktop isnt even hooked up. I had to reformat my laptop and havent moved inventer over to it yet. I lost the damn cable to my portable HDD so I have to get it on there another way.

Anyways,... I will post some pics very soon. Oh I alos got a puppy for my bday too. So she's been keeping me busy too. Trying to keep her from peeing in the damn house. She's like a friggin kid. Her name is maple:) Pics later. PEACE!

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Great to hear from you again mate, sounds like you are getting along pretty well. I can't wait to see some pics of your progress.

10. cvriv.charles

Hey man. I have everything somewhat out and ready to go. At the least I have to fix the floors in the garage. Patch up some cracks and epoxy paint them. After that I guess I can get started working on blackout again. Just have to setup my shelves and such to organize. everything is just laying around. Totally killing me. I was venting to my girl about it the other day. That im not getting anything down. That im spending my time just digging holes in the yard and ripping the basement apart. I'll get there soo. didnt think it would take this long though.

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Rule of thumb is basically everything takes longer than you expect lol. Take my LEXA for example, was originally gonna be a 3 month project, took me 16 months to finish lol.

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I understand your situation completely. We got a house this summer that had thousands of dollars worth of landscaping done to the back yard. The problem was, they dammed the yard in perfectly, and when it rained the water went into the house and garage.:hehe: Fixing that house took all summer.
    -My condolences on your girl having only half an *ss. :D

13. cvriv.charles

LOL. why they do that?!?!? Well,... I am scratchin my head alot with all the weird things I find around here. For example,... they planted all these huge bushes, plants, and trees right up against the house and garage. I had to tear them out with my truck. They dont allow the structures to evaporate moisture there everything begins to rot. Thats and the bugs. Whatever. I have to get out there and work now. I'll get some pics of everything.