Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by arg-ist, 22 Dec 2016.
Thank you, grandfather.
Little modder Levon was born.
It is time to work at the backside of the case.
A mounting kit for PSU was made
PSU mounted for trial purposes
SSDs and HDDs are located
Mounting kit for SSD and HDDs made
2 trays f or HDDs, and one tray for SSDs. Place for 4 HDDs and 4 SSDs in total ready.
A free space was left for the cable transitions under the kits
The cables coming from the corner holes went under the SSD and HDD and were directed to the MB.
With mounting of PSU + SSDs and HDDs such a look behind the backplate.
A mini update for this week.
A special MB tray was made.
Pump locations ready
Pump detail and pump cable hole behind the rad
Valve locations opened at the front and back of the case for evacuation of reservoirs
Fan controller and HDD switch adapted.
Mounting parts made from aluminum for 5.25 bay.
With mounting them , 525 bay dvices ready.
Fan controller mounted.
A comment about the Lamptron 611, great unit when it works... I have one, and the display almost immediately flaked out on me, pumps and fans appeared to keep working but the display show gibberish, and I was unable to adjust the settings. A bit of checking and I found that the face plate was shorting the contacts of the display. Easily resolved with some electrical tape and x-acto knife to insulate the face plate. The other thing I discovered with the unit, is it is very hard to plug in fans and sensors once the unit is installed. I had to unmounted the unit and pull it out to modify the the wiring, unfortunately, one the cables I had was barely long enough so I only had a couple centameters of play. I had it installed in a full 5.25 bay, you might be alright with the smaller mounting tabs you built.
Thanks Dr. Coin..
“ A comment about the Lamptron 611, great unit when it works... “
This is the last word that can really be said about 611.
Most of 611 controllers that my friends use , are problematic.
611 was my friend's preference ,not mine
I am using only FC5V3 at my worklogs , which I prefer.
Time to make plexi waterchanels.But not horizontal as on my previous worklogs.,
this time vertically.
First on the right side of the case for video cards ,for 2 resorvoir ,2 pumps as 2 loops.
On then the right side of the case 2 loops for monoblock (CPU and Motherboard) and for ram blocks with 2 reservoir ,2 pump .
settlement of water channels at the case
Then they are drawn at corel
Test purpose they are cut at laser from cardboard
Desired look of water channels.
I love your case design, real nice work, reminds me of a case I drawn with same broken corners, so it's great to see it taking shape, i'll follow this
Thank you Kim.
It sure is an exciting project to see. Nice to see you explain some steps as well.
Once the dimensions finalized, they are cut from plexi
The cutted pieces were joined.They are ready to bound.
bonding process of first 2 layers
Threading for the fittings.
Colored fluid delivery for leakproofing of the first layers
Our current assignment is to make front and rear side doors
First thought of using special metal corner pieces at the corners to make the case more solid
But the case is already solid.
It was abandoned and Designed such a sidedoor and It was cut with laser from cardboard.
Sidedoor is designed to be 1 cm smaller than the sides of the case.
And it is thought to be unconnected and floating in space.
The ears of the plexi doors will be bended at the corners.
The plexi door drawn at corel . according to the cardboard and cut off with laser from 5mm clear plexi.
I will to give a disconnected and floating in space view to the door
To achieve this, long thin metal ( bras) feets were considered between the plexi and the case .
These legs were made in 2 parts and mounted with screw.
When these feet are connected to each other and to the case
Such a view was obtained on the front side and on the back side
Worm gear rods are mounted to ensure easy installation of plexi door to the end of the rods
When as trial plexi door inserted into its place
more and more beautifull, love the little original details like the rods ... fantastic
It is time to make the doors. The marked parts on the four corners of the plexi door must be bended.
Bending parts and process
The plexi was fixed by placing an aluminum sheet under the plexi.
The bending part was heated with heat gun
And bended parts
finished door controlled
There is great labor! I admired the project. I wish you continued success.
thanks kim but there are much more... to do.
Of course...I was just excited to see the following, but I will be patient, I love every detail from the start..
Separate names with a comma.