1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning The Fresh Touch: triplescreen Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Xtrafresh, 4 Jan 2009.

1. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Man, it's like cheesecake covered in cheesecake. Don't pay any attention to the non-believers. :thumb:

I appreciate any approximation of the measurement. I don't expect absolute accuracy. :D

2. Frogmonster

Frogmonster What's a Dremel?

Once you take the back case off, i'm real interested in how thick the "guts" are.

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Did i hear cheescake, (stubbles in), oh dual screens on the tablet...., so err where did you guys leave the cake then..

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Boy i had that coming, didn't i? :p

Anyway, thanks for the idea. I think that will work, though i'm a bit worried i'll add much more weight and bulk. Slide-out IS a lot smoother then Fold-out though, so it'll definately be concidered...

Thanks for the support! measurements in the next post!

Ahh, i've opened one up, and i'm glad to report that you can slim them down considerably by popping the back off. Inside is a stack of two PCBs on top of the screen. I had no camera, so you'll have to take my word for it for now, but i'll get you pics of it soon(ish).

5. Xtrafresh

And here are the promised measurements! I warn you people, not a word about my paint skills! Not. A. Word.

:hehe:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. popotheflyingpanda

popotheflyingpanda What IS a Dremel?

So do we get pics of the guts?
    I was thinking about getting one of these
    looks cool, and a crazy mod

7. Xtrafresh

expect guttered pics tomorrow :thumb:

8. craigbru

Mate, I won't knock your paint skills at all. You've given me exactly what I needed. :rock:

9. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

bahh :D

ill have to spend some time deciphering those later because i'm buying a touchpanel version for a file server i'm building, haha

really look forward to seeing the gutted pics mate. Give us all the ups on how taking it apart went, how working with them was, and how sturdy it all felt. Gotta know what ill be getting myself into :hehe:

10. Xtrafresh

for a fileserver? I assume you will want to use it as a main monitor then. A little word of warning: This thing is driven through DisplayLink technology, which means you'll need at least one other monitor to get things installed. After that, you CAN use it as primary (and indeed, single) monitor, BUT, you will not get a coherent image untill after boot. For a fileserver that runs 24/7 this may not be a big problem, but forget troubleshooting or handling bluescreens and stuff using this thing!

11. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

ahh, i'm glad i mentioned it then, hahaha. Yeah this will be the primary screen ill be using. The build for the file server is going to be a really low power system so it will likely be running 24/7 accept when I travel between my appt. at school and when I go home to visit my parents (and do laundry of course :p)

And I do have my primary monitor on my main rig which i use for gaming, media, work, etc etc... I want to get that Synergy program so i can link my mouse, monitor, and keyboard when needed. And i figured i would need to hook all that crap up while i get the file server set up, and if anything happens to go wrong which i'm sure it will at some point.

But if your willing i'd love to talk to you a little more when i get going on it to make sure i know whats up with the MIMOs haha, you obviously know a lot more about it than i do :hehe:

again, really looking forward to seeing how gutting it goes!

12. craigbru

Okay, I'm just going to have to call you out... I can't wait any longer... :D

13. Xtrafresh

oi!

I'm just starting on the gutting now, sorry mate :)

14. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

umm sorry to do the thread bump again.. is this still in progress??

15. Xtrafresh

wow, i missed your bump. :eek:

I'm sorry to say this project is firmly on hold. Not to say i will NEVER get it going again ofcourse, i still happen to have the laptop and one of the screens ;)

16. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

ok thats good :) again sorry for the bump...