1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The great mexican wall!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Malvolio, 17 Dec 2005.

1. Malvolio

Malvolio .

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The House of Representatives voted to build a wall along the US border with Mexico to stop illegal immigration.

The 260-159 voice vote on an amendment to a bill on illegal immigration "mandates the construction of specific security fencing, including lights and cameras, along the Southwest border for the purposes of gaining operational control of the border.

"Fencing has been designated in sectors that have the highest number of immigrant deaths, instances of drug smuggling and illegal border crossings," because of the large number of would-be immigrants who die in the desert attempting to cross the US border.

The US border with Canada was not forgotten. The bill "includes a requirement for the Secretary of
    Homeland Security to conduct a study on the use of physical barriers along the Northern border."

The US-Mexico border is 3,200 kilometers (2,000 miles) long.

I don't know, seems like an alright waste of tax-payer money, but wouldn't it be smarter to do a better job at the boarders on a more person to person level? But oh well, at least china won't be the only country with a gigantic wall!

Yay for wall!

2. .308AR

.308AR New Member

It's about ####### time the .gov got serious about the HUGE problem that is illegal immigration. We already spend billions in health care for non-citizens and locking up illegal criminals. If I have to pay taxes they sure as hell should. Legal immigration is fine, though.

3. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Pretty much the way I feel, expecially living in Texas and going to school at a place where I could SEE the border crossing from the classroom windows.

4. dom_

dom_ --->

huge wall the whole length would probably work out cheaper for usa in the long run.

not a nice thing to have to install though.

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Get in the worlds best dry-wallers... the welsh :D

6. pat1

pat1 New Member

As long as they pay their taxes, I have no problem with immigrants... It's the ones that don't...

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I thought you guys had private health care? How are you paying for peoples health care if its private :eek:

8. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

We've got kinda public health care. The entire system is a mess, and whole bunches of illegal immigrants are taking advantage of it.

I support the fence, and the Minutemen project. Both of them will help make America a safer place.

9. .308AR

.308AR New Member

If you come in injured or sick they are required to help in most cases. Somebody has to foot the bill if the person can't/won't pay or doesn't have insurance.

10. pat1

pat1 New Member

can immigrants recieve welfare checks as well?? or is that just for citizens??

11. .308AR

.308AR New Member

Legal or not legal? If you mean illegal immigrants...Officially IIRC they can't unless they steal/forge/buy an SSN card (illegal). They wanted to give illegals driving licenses in California. Probably other programs as well.

12. pat1

pat1 New Member

Yes, i was talking about illegals, sorry... don't they give some of them ID cards though?

13. Nemesiskid

Nemesiskid New Member

The end result by NOT building the Wall.

Let's start off simple and plain.
    1) Any pregnant illegal in the U.S. who has a child on U.S. is allowed to stay in the U.S. and the child get Social Security till the age of 18. Don't build a wall; then YOU will let this continue.
    2) 17 billion dollars earned in the U.S. and sent to Mexico. This boosts the Mexican economy and in turn deflates the U.S. economy. Do this to any country and the country eventually collapses. GO study your history if you don't believe it. Don't build a wall and YOU will let this happen.
    3) Last Count there were around 11 million illegal Mexicans in the U.S. It is figured that 25% of these illegals have kids in the U.S. to gain acces to free social security benefits. Are you feeling good about your open arm policy yet?
    4) Mexico can ship its products into our country for free, the U.S. has to pay to ship its products into Mexico. Mexico says that if the U.S. builds a wall, that Mexico will stop taking products from the U.S. ***Please build the wall*** then we won't have to pay a tax to get our products into Mexico.
    5) California built a wall and now the wall stops 100% of illegals for that small section. It's a wall, walls stop things from passing through; now you doubters know how a wall works.
    6)I was born in teh U.S. and I live in the U.S. and I want a damn wall to keep the U.S. mine, to keep my taxes going to U.S. citizens, to keep jobs available to U.S. citizens. If you are from another country then get in line and wait your freaking turn.

J. Allen

14. TJK

TJK New Member

Screw the illegal mexicans. I am an AMERICAN and PROUD. I dont want any fricken SPIC to come and take away what is mine. I have plenty of hispanic, african american, puerto rican, and south african friends, so dont call me a racist. If the hispanics want to come, let them, but force them to get citizenship or a green card to ensure that they dont milk the systems that are in place for ME. I dont want to foot the bill of some mexican who shoots someone and now has to spend the rest of his life in a jail at an estimated cost of around $35000 USD PER YEAR!!! PUt up a wall all the way across the border, and put armed guards on it too. Shoot anyone who attempts to cross it. THis is america, land of the free, home of the brave. Lets keep it that way, and stop illegal immigration!!!

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

EDIT: TJK you might want to phrase one or two of those sentences in less brash words, lest you offend some of the members, or the admin ;)

Hi there, this was an intresting post, but one I'll take issue with on a few points. Y'see, this sorta thing happens in the UK, plenty of countries sell stuff in the UK, and the money they make goes back to say, Japan, this doesn't mean the UK economy is going to collapse, so long as you've got as much coming in as you do going out, then you're fine.

So are the Mexican kids who are born in the USA, as deserved as you? I'm assuming, unless you're native American, that about 400 years ago your ancestors were in fact, somewhere in Europe, Africa, or Asia. You come from an immigrant family probably, almost all the people inhabiting the USA come from imigrant families, so now that the USA is sitting pretty, it should turn its back on needy immigrants?

Anyway, aside from that, welcome to bit-tech, enjoy your stay here :rock:

16. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Of course not, but immigrants who enter the US legally. My family came to the United States legally tyvm. ;) :D

17. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Active Member

Wait, TekMonkey, are you saying that children born from illegal immigrants aren't as deserving as you? Because if a person is born on US soil, they're as much a US citizen as you.

18. Timmee

Timmee Member

I think what Nemesiskid is refering to is illegal aliens making money (under the table, not paying taxes), then sending the money back to Mexico.

19. .308AR

.308AR New Member

The immigration system needs a complete overhaul. I know a few Brits who are trying to become US citizens but they are too productive and white it seems. It is a royal pain in the ass to immigrate legally if you live in a 'good' country. That doesn't mean illegal immigration isn't wrong. That aspect ("the wall") must be addressed first.

20. Nemesiskid

Nemesiskid New Member

I'm calming down now -

I will step off my soapbox now and take a breath. Every single citizen of the U.S. knows what is broken in our own country. Some of us are just louder and really want change while others don't mind just letting things drift past.
    My Irish ancestors got off the boat, waited in line and took and number. How do I know this, aside from diary they kept, I am reminded through family members of doing things honest and right and earning your keep. I posted here due to the topic of Illegal Aliens and Building a Wall to stop anyone from sneaking into the coutry. I know I am asking too much to request common sense be used by our government but I will keep saying it and maybe, just maybe one or two kids will listen and not repeat the big mistakes of the past. Let's talk common sense: I want a Wall built on the North and South portions of the U.S. (this will MAKE people line up, stand in line and be counted); If a person wants to stay in the U.S. then get in line, fill out the paperwork and when a spot opens up it will be your turn to enter the U.S.; I want to abolish the loopholes that allow Social Security Benefits and Welfare and Free Medical for any Illegal Alien who happens to give birth on U.S. soil; to go a step further and should the U.S. actually close those loopholes for the Illegal Aliens the U.S. should also see a positive trend with regard to Americans who abuse Social Security and Welfare; I want to see the exact same treatment for importing and exporting (if we pay another a tax to sell our products in their country then they should pay the same tax to sell their products in the U.S.) Finally some food for thought, I have never advocated a wall enclosing the U.S. just a wall along the North and South borders. People have asked me why; I keep saying that I would rather pay for a good quality wall built once than keep paying for an ever increasing supply of border patrol agents, electronic drones, cameras, barb wire that needs constant repair from getting cut and constant purchase and repair of border patrol vehicles. A wall simplifies the whole thing.
    -end