1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The hardest game you completed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul2011, 6 May 2011.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oh, Planetoid on the BBC because the tape got chewed.

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Resident evil on ps1 :p

3. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Lost Odyssey, and Starcraft 2 on easy mode.

4. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

halo 2 on legendary

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

MegaMan I

I played the game on an emulator and even by using quick saves I had a very tough time finishing the game. The part in which you have to defeat the 8 bosses one after the other without ever getting health is near impossible

My balls were THIS big
    [​IMG]
    after I completed the game, though

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

super mario 2 the japan version - nes
    akumajō dracula aka vampire killer - msx2
    bard's tale - apple II
    wizardry iv - apple II
    suspended: cryogenic nightmare - dos
    blood - dos
    discworld - dos
    ok i didn't really mean to start an encyclopedia... so i'll skip to present times.
    stalker - windows (got to hard, didn't beat master though)

the hardest game i never finished: i wanna be the guy... resulted in rage uninstall, which is quite rare for me.

7. Seabrook

Seabrook What's a Dremel?

Discworld? Interesting. The only difficulty I had on that game was the butterfly on the lampost. Other than that I can't remember it being that bad.

Good call on Wizardry though. The first 2 were really hard. Having to plot your own maps and such, then suddenly getting teleported to the other side of the map and not realising until hours later. They did have amazing graphics though:

[​IMG]

8. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Commandos

9. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Scratch that I just lost THE GAME!!!!

10. b3z

b3z What's a Dremel?

Probably monkey island 4, mainly cause i was about 11 at the time and my brain couldnt figure out the puzzles

11. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

Interesting thread.

Always play games on the hardest setting available from the get go, not meant as a boast ,it's often a struggle when fist getting to grips with new movement system and weapons inventory . But there's nothing worse than completing a long -ish game on medium, knowing you'll probably never touch it again.

Played through Bioshock ,Deadspace, Batman AA and none were all that difficult - tho did have problems killing the Joker at the end of AA, basically because I didn't realise(d'oh!) you could use the batarang against those larger dancing teeth bombs.

So it's probably UT3's campaign on the hardest setting for me,always play at 'godlike'(insane) anyway because I've only played UTs, right thru (from 99 to 2003 -UT2004) . The problem was, UT3's movement was nothing like Ut2004's and it took time to adjust again.

Last edited: 8 May 2011
  12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Neptune's Pride.

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I should say you're a spam bot. Reported.

But in case you're not I'll just point out that Warcraft is by far the easiest game I have ever played. At least one blind person has successfully completed it and beaten the highest raid content.

14. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Needed a guide to finish discworld myself but i was about ten at the time. Only part i found hard in STALKER was inside the NPP and the good ending that follows but i did have a friend tip me off to bring a lot of health packs and bandages.

Does anyone remember what caused you to get stuck in l space due to a scene involving death playing poker? I can't remember what caused it but that was the point i always new i was stuck.

Last edited: 9 May 2011
  15. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Monty on the Run - C64, took ages to work out what i needed in the freedom kit! - infuriating when you got so far and then couldn't contiune

16. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Or just the first game on hard, Your first mistake will often mean that you loose.

But I have to say Morrowind not because of the difficulty, but because of the time required if you want to find out what happened to the dwarfs. many have played this game but far from all has "completed" it.

17. m4rk3d

m4rk3d Minimodder

It can't be that hard, my gran completed it :rolleyes:

18. unikey

unikey What's a Dremel?

Civilisation on Sid difficulty
    Second front by ssi

19. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

Yep, how anyone can say WoW is hard is completely beyond me. Anyway...

I concur with the earlier mention of Ghosts 'n' Goblins, my god that was hard back then.

20. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

discworld is a very british game, well in my opinion. so its entirely possible some things were just lost on me. also its been awhile so if i played it today i might have an entirely different opinion on its difficulty. as with some of the others as well i imagine, but they were difficult for me at the time for whatever reason.
    in regards to stalker i had the russian version (as with the sequels as well) since i was eager to play it and russian was released earlier. my russian is not fluent level yet, so i miss something in dialog which can be important. also early version seemed to have some odd problems like empty entire clip of gun into enemy face, and no death. while they can throw pebble from a km away and kill you (yeah i'm exaggerating a bit). after release i used the international english patches to fix some of problems, but still can be unforgiving games in some aspects. might have to give the xrcore version a go, as its a version available for free which has some differences. though its an early prerelease build with a different engine and is purported to be less stable than 1.0... but also more advanced ai.