1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals The hungry hungry mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by legoman, 15 Jan 2019.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think my mouse has a problem, its a Logitech G602 and it likes to eat batteries.
    Ive tried various hi cap NiMH rechargeable's (2650 2500 and 2000MaH) Non rechargeable batteries from a number of brands all seem to last about a week.

Mouse is set to what they term endurance mode and I even flick the mouse off when not in use an im getting a week or two at most out of no where near the claimed 1400 hours.

Any suggestions on batteries or should I just suck it up an go back to a wired one?

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Have the same mouse. Best I've ever had but it does suck down the power! Rechargeable AA are the way to go. Currently using eneloop pro 2500mAh and rotate the recharge so I'm never out of power! Got the eneloop pro for Christmas and just swapped the batteries yesterday. I'm not sure what mileage you'll get from a full charge. Haven't timed the duration yet from a full charge. On my list of geek things to do! :grin:

3. legoman

May have to try some of them, its getting annoying having to recharge them so often, if it is the mouse then a new set of batteries isnt a great loss.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Hm... corroded battery contacts maybe? That'd sap power (resistive heating) and cause a voltage drop that would shut the mouse off sooner.

5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

A week or two of use seems really bad...
    I have a G602 at home and the same mouse at work with a set of rechargeable Duracell 1.2V/2400mAh batteries (these batteries: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-R...-Pack-discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B00E5YSXPQ)
    Both my mice are used on Endurance mode using the onboard memory for the settings, my work on I have switched on from 8am to 4pm five days a week and my one at home is usually on from 6pm to 11pm weekdays and 1pm to 11pm weekends... on average I'd say I swap out the batteries on my work mouse for new recharged ones around once every 3-4 months.

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Could it be the Logitech software sapping power somehow? Do you have that installed on both your work and home PC suenstar? If not perhaps that's where were going wrong!

7. legoman

I ended up chucking some Eneloops in, thus far them seem OK. Just to add, I dont have any of the Logitech software installed.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Wireless interference?

It seems if you're using USB3 and the 2.4Ghz band you can get interference.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2019
  9. silk186

silk186 Derp

If I go with a wireless gaming mouse, I would go with one with a charging pad.
    I have a Logitech Anywhere MX (Gen1) and it has been great.
    Except for when I took it to China and lost it in my bag for a year. Luckily no battery corrosion.