1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant The " I hate waking up for work" thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 14 Apr 2009.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Well...not really. I like my job in all honesty and the people I work with are all nice (well most).

I just hate waking up in the morning with the cold hitting you and your wondering how your going to run into the hot shower without it affecting you...

I hate waking up thinking "GOD just another few more hours sleep pleeease!!"

I hate it when im at work and think to myself, "thats it! when i get home im going to go sleep and get some rest because I feel so tired!"....and you never do when you get home, simply end up watching tv/doing other things!

I hate the cold in the morning and the rushing to get ready....

Your thoughts?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Turn up the radiator for the morning? I hate getting out of bed into the cold too.

Nice to have a hot shower though, can't do anything without one really.

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

i quite agree with everything you said but not till thursday because the kids are at their gran's and i'm off tomorrow so :p

4. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

I once fell asleep after hitting the trusty snooze, and had dreams of a tunnel- one which took me (in my bed) through ever morning-related duty, all the way to work. Breakfast, clothes, bacon. everything. Until work, which was as warm as my bed (temporarily).

Then I woke up.
    Worst day of my life.

5. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

/signed

Sleeping at frigging 9pm and waking up at 4:30 in the morning to catch the first train into the city is something I can never get used to. Maybe if I'm doing something meaningful (like I dunno, working in a hospital?) I'd look past it - but I'm in retail ffs :wallbash:

If it weren't for the money and the people I work with I would've left a long time ago. But given the current times, I'll take whatever money I can get... :sigh:

6. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Best thing about my job: earliest I ever have to be in is 11am, most of the time it's 2.30 or 5.30.

7. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

I do that all the time, though I've never got as far as work. I think I'm up and then look at the alarm, and see that I'm late and still in bed. Not fun...

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

i hate getting in and out of bed ... but I LOVE sleeping - weird huh

9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I have been getting up at about 5 AM since about 1968. After a while your internal clock get gets stuck to 'wake' at that time. Even though retired twice, it's still 5AM 7 days a week. Of course I'm not worth a whole lot after 10 PM. A night shift job would probably kill me off.

john

10. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

There's one thing worse than having to wake up for work- not having any work to wake up for.

11. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I'm going to go with this one. (between jobs at the moment)

Although, I've not had my alarm set for the past two weeks, yet I'm still getting up at 6 every morning automatically. I like it.

Pro-tip: it is possible to get too much sleep, which is why many people feel tired in the mornings. Remember: REM sleep (Rapid Eye-Movement) is the "restful" part of sleep, which generally doesn't take much longer than twenty to thirty minutes before it's over, the rest is more-or-less ancillary. For myself, anything more than five hours is too much.

12. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I have a horrible sleep cycle right now.

I get to bed around 2:30AM and wake up usually at 10:00 or 11:00AM depending on the day.

Like I sit at the computer for a lot of the time, until I'm so tired I roll into bed. Than I watch tv for an hour or half an hour.

Blah, I need to change it before it becomes permanent. :(

What I hate in the mornings is not getting out of bed, but getting out the hot shower. I could just stand there for an hour and fall asleep...probably drown if I do attempt it lol.

But once I have my clothes on I'm good to go....unless I get a stomach ache. Which happens once and awhile do to my wonky sleep cycle and not eating breakfast.

stonedsurd likes this.
  13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I love my job, but I hate waking up in the morning, ready to cycle, just to find it pissing down with rain, and no I don't have any waterproofs yet :(

14. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I guess I'm a freak. I love cold air in my bedroom (In the winters, with the window open, I've awoke to snow on my windows sill a few times), and I rather enjoy the mornings.
    Mother told me I've always been an early riser.

15. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Agreed with Sui on this one a shower hot enough to put some color in your cheeks is the best way to start the day. :blush:
    Although morning amnesia just sucks. " What day is it?" " Is it a week day?"
    Ticks me off everytime.

16. tictactoe

tictactoe What's a Dremel?

[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by <A88> View Post
    There's one thing worse than having to wake up for work- not having any work to wake up for.[/QUOTE]
    I used to have to wake up at 6am for work, but that's now slipped to 7-8 ish, when my son wakes me up.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2009
  17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I hate waking up after a bad nights sleep as I just don't feel that I've had enough.
    Last night to this morning is a perfect example.

We are having our windows replaced today so secondary glazing was out etc and damn it was much noisier which resulted in me waking up plenty through the night. The massive clap of thunder at 1:30 didn't help much either.

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Are you in college? Because I have a similar schedule and the same problems.
    Wouldn't trade 'em for anything, though! :thumb:

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

:D i just got up :p

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I also hate to wake up before sunrise and then, 20 minutes later, when it's still dark outside, realize that I will be stuck in traffic for the next 45 minutes ...

I love waking up during a LAN though as I have new energy to keep on gaming :D