1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ The Iron Turnip--6-2019-complete. final pictures on page 29

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 18 Jul 2014.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

2. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I remember posting in this thread about forty years ago.:eeek:
    OK, maybe three or four years ago, anyway, I said it looks like one of those mini particle accelerators.
    Just put a couple of straps on it, sling it over your back. A 'Backtop' or 'Backbook', monitor around the
    front a la Bob Dylans harmonica:hip: and a mouse in your pocket (in your case a baby seal:naughty:).
    Anyway, I love it. Great work.:clap::thumb::happy:

Cheapskate likes this.
  3. InsolentGnome

InsolentGnome Active Member

Being in the process of making a backpack, my only question would be how much does this little monster weigh? It's like a lawnmower engine and 4 kitchen faucets, you'd throw your back out!:lol:

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Attila - Thank you, sir. :rock:
    It definitely feels like that extra zero. When I started it back up after the long break and it barf'd dust balls out... Yeah. The power requirement alone prevents me from backpacking it. :lol: Pockets are reserved for weasels.
    @InsolentGnome - Plus a liter of water. You got me wondering. The bathroom scale says it's a mere 25 pounds, (and I need to lose about the same. :worried:) I think the density of it makes it seem heavier, like a sack of mortar.

5. InsolentGnome

InsolentGnome Active Member

Plus the fact that it just looks like a lot of metal. I think a brain just sees that and thinks 'heavy'. I would have never guessed 25 pounds, but when you think about the size, makes sense.