1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The I've been using GTX 680 for few months now thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by feathers, 27 May 2012.

1. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Yup,

If you remember (and I know you do) I purchased the Zotac 680 a few months back. The week I had to purchase was the week every shop in the UK was out of stock (literally) except OCUK who had a few brands. Zotac was the only brand with 5 years (EVGA was out of stock). So I was forced to purchase the Zotac.

I know some of you bought multiple 680's for SLI. I purchased an EK full cover waterblock and it's been running on water ever since with temps halved.

I must say I'm really impressed with the performance boost when overclocking.

I know some will get better OC but I get 200mhz on GPU core and 500mhz on vram. I realised how important it is to use the artifact tester that comes with EVGA precision since I can get the ram to 600mhz but if I go above 500mhz there are artifacts.

I like my overclocks artifact free.

With this OC I get quite a significant FPS boost in games which is crucial for me especially since many games I play with 3d glasses.

Once in a while I get the red screen crash when speedfan starts. Some others get it too and it can be a problem but for me it only comes once in a while when speedfan loads and accesses the GPU. When the red screen comes invariably have to press the shutdown button and boot the computer again. If it happened on a daily basis I'd be angry but since it's maybe once in 2 weeks it's no real problem.

What do you think of your 680/s?

2. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Might wanna move this to hardware thread...

(Unless I start talking about Diablo 3 instead)

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Think its quite good, I have to admit to being disappointed initially after spunking 500quid on the thing with associated cooler as it couldn't max everything to the level I wanted at stock, but I'm over that now and actually it clocks lovely +200 +600, everything is pretty smooth much better than I have ever had, and part of my issue is that I also moved from 1920x1200 to 2560x1440 at a similar time which obviously needs the grunt, so the leap doesn't feel as much as it might of if I stayed at 1920.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I am limited to 1080 cos of the 3d monitor. The 680 is the first GPU I had where the overclock is so big it really makes a difference. On air it was quieter than my previous MSI 560Ti but overclocked was not good for air. Adding the waterblock didn't increase my overclock as such but it means I can OC without the heat and fan noise.

Wish the voltage could be unlocked.

Some games I could barely run on my 560Ti SLI... Hard Reset for example but the 680 rips through it even in stereoscopic 3d.