1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling The Joys of being the 'go to guy'

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 13eightyfour, 29 Sep 2009.

1. butter100fly

butter100fly Rebelstar Raider

the chip-shop smell is the real winner for me - the grease and the dust are just eehwww but its that smell that really let's you know the state of play....keep your nostrils handy for jobs like this and you can assess before even opening any machinery!

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I've had several come my way that were worse than that, I've never taken any pictures of them, but hell even by my standards (mine gets pretty dusty at times) but never as bad as that.

I had a PC here once that came out of a garage, it's had a new case every year for the last 3 purely because of the amoutn of dust and muck it accumulates. Not done any further business with that crowd though as the company director said I had sticted him up when I sold him my old laptop when I hadn't.

What did the components look like on the inside ??

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

The heatsinks on the cpu and gpu were both covered in the same greasy dust as in the pics, there was a layer of the dust between the 2 hard drives and a layer between the 2 dvd drives, everything is ide with ribbon cables which yes you guessed it had a film of the dust on them!.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's almost enough to make you sick just looking at it