1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 The Last Of Us

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chewbaccas_nan, 14 Jun 2012.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I actually had to blow the dust off the PS3 to play this it's been that long since I last used it and it was worth it. Amazing game. The opening sequence is one of the most emotive moments I've had in a game and the character interaction and development through out is superb.

2. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Member

Yeah, it was really gripping, I really felt for him.

3. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

Any one else playing this on an release day ps3 phat? I play with head phones but jesus the fan spinns really really loud at times. Most times it's as loud as my 360 but there are moments it's very loud

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Not release day but it is a phat PS3. My fan really revs up as well!

Fully understand why as well; graphically the game is immense! Plus it's the finest single player story I've ever played.

5. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Active Member

Pretty old machines they could probably do with cleaning out and some fresh thermal paste on the cpu gpu

Though its normal for the launch units fan to spin up on demanding titles, even after being cleaned out

boiled_elephant likes this.
  6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

+1 for that. They're very similar to laptops in airflow/design terms, and after a couple of years of good usage most laptops have a lovely thick layer of dust built up on the heatsink fins, stopping all airflow and cooking the cpu/gpu. If I had a PS3 I'd clean it as often as a laptop, i.e. every 6 months.

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Taking apart a laptop is childs play compared to an old PS3! :rolleyes:

8. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Member

I've just met Bill and ran away from the infected! I'm loving how you get a shotgun!

Last edited: 20 Jun 2013
  9. boiled_elephant

Oh dear, is it that bad? What about the ultra slims, would that be a good reason to get one?

10. maple

maple Member

Replacing Tim is easy on the ps3, has anyone completed the game yet, I want to discuss the ending but im sure many here haven't played yet and would spoil it for them if said anything though

11. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

Not really started it but spoil away. I doubt it's gonna ruin the game for me

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've got one with the YLOD coming they look pretty easy to take apart though going to try to fix it

13. Eiffie

Eiffie New Member

I finished the game last night on normal mode and it was so fantastic. Gripping from start to finish and I enjoyed every minute of it. I especially liked all the calming ambient music played during the game when you were exploring the ruins of the old world. This game has so much emotion and power, it was riveting in a way that no TV show or movie about a "zombie" apocalypse even came close to it. It's rare I find a game these days that keeps a controller in my hand and makes it hard to switch off and go to bed for work the next day but this is one of those games. So happy I was convinced by a friend to pick it up. Perhaps I'll take a dip into the online this weekend for a bit to earn the 4-5 psn medals and then jump back into the single player for some new game+.

14. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Member

I agree, it is gripping. I'm not sure how far I'm into the game but I'm in Lincoln heading to the bridge.

15. dipzy

dipzy Active Member

Got my replacement copy of Joel Edition from Shopto and this time it came in 5 layers of bubble wrap surrounded by polystyrene peanuts all in a double wall cardboard box. Finally a mint copy and not one that was crushed with megatron force whilst being pushed through the letterbox by postman pat.

Finally after two weeks, i can play it :)

16. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Member

Haha, it's better than having both your dogs ripping anything that comes through the letter box! Glad you finally got it mate

17. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy New Member

haha my cat pisses on anything on the doormat :S

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Got it for my birthday today! I have to say that the graphics are quite amazing. So far though after 30 minutes playing I haven't actually been able to do anything other than press square occasionally and move my character forward.

I hope that the interactivity increases pretty soon or I am going to get very bored, very quickly - please, please don't let this be another Uncharted 3....

19. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Member

Yeah it does, don't worry.

20. boiled_elephant

I thought the Uncharted franchise was supposed to be good? One of the other reasons I want a PS3, actually, along with Heavy Rain...