1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The Mass Effect 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GravitySmacked, 23 Jan 2010.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

imma doing that **** tonight. finishing off my team then going to get everyone loyal through side missions. the morden one is quite cool.

2. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Whoa, whoa whoa! There's a third one that you can get whenever? 30 headshot kills you say? *runs off to unlock it* I wonder if there is an unlock like that for every weapon. And personally I like the sniper rifle from the mission you recruit Thane in. 12 shot clip!

EDIT: Looks like the Incisor Rifle is the one you're talking about, sadly only available on the Digital Deluxe version of the game.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2010
  3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Ah must be I grabbed it when they did the DLC cockup on the marketplace last week

Looks like there's 2 of each, then there's a special class specific one maybe that you pick instead of getting another weapon proficiency.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

just finished the game, truly fanominal.

totally deservers the very high ratings it been getting across reviews.
    Bring on ME3!

5. klutch4891

It was a great ending to a game, now just another two years till 3 comes out. But I felt disappointed by the "RPG" elements of the game. Only two weapons per type? Most characters don't have different ammo? The leveling system? Too much FPS and not enough story or RPG in my opinion.

6. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Wow!

I just finished the game after a lengthy play over a few days and I LOVED IT! I survived the suicide mission and I cannot wait for ME3! Such an intense and engaging game!

7. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I just need to figure out how to get my entire team through the suicide mission.... It's bothering me that so many of my peeps died.

8. klutch4891

Did you have loyalty for everyone and all the ship upgrades (especially the Thanix Cannon and the upgraded armor)? I think the level you are when you beat it might have an impact as well.

9. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I've been reading some stuff on the Mass Effect wiki
    and they say that if Legion is loyal, he can get through the vent. I happened to use him before reading the wiki, and I only ended up losing Grunt (I took him with me in my team and he got killed by the swarms.. I'm guessing a biotic will do better next time).

10. klutch4891

For the final mission -
    I used Tali in the vent, with Garrus leading the other team; except for Jacob and Miranda in my party. Then I let Miranda lead the second group while Thane took back the crew members. Samara protected my party with the shield and I used Jacob and...Jack (I think). For the last part I took Jacob and Miranda with me and left everyone else behind as a rear guard. With full loyalty and almost full upgrades.

11. Enemyvirus

Enemyvirus CPC Refugee

Ive already dropped the ball twice regarding loyalty, Samara and Thane not to happy with me and I think Miranda is a bit p***** that I blew up the Cerbarus base with Jack.

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Feb 2010
  12. klutch4891

They'll get over it - I think. I don't think it's possible to lose loyalty... could be wrong though. I know I blew up the base and still made Miranda happy with me. Very, very happy. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Feb 2010
  13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I only didn't have jack loyal,
    lost morrin in the vent (closing the door), grunt and garrus died during the sheild part of the mission.

14. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

The way I resolved this was to say that Jack was right when they had the altercation, then talking to Miranda later and telling her that Jack wouldn't be able to understand, so you just lied to maintain her loyalty. They both ended up being happy after that (I think).

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

When you really think about it though, ME1 only really had 1 weapon of each type, sure, they had different damage values, but every assault rifle was essentially the same thing.

Instead of having loads of sniper rifles that differ in stats and look but with no real difference to how they work, you get a selection of weapons that are different and the power increases through improving the weapon rather than finding another one of a higher rank.

So carrying on with the sniper rifles:

ME1: Lots of different sniper rifles, but essentially they're all the same with different power to scale to your level

ME2: You have the starting sniper rifle, which is essentially a high powered bolt action rifle, fires off one powerful shot, then reloads. Not a big ammo capacity either. Then you have the second sniper you can pick up, a semi auto sniper, low power, but fast ROF and high ammo count.

So there, you have 2 types of sniper rifles (not including the widowmaker you can pick as an infiltrator) and instead of repeating those same 2 sniper rifles in the same way ME1 repeated it's one sniper rifle about a hundred times, you have those 2 rifles, and the power is upgraded as you research or buy upgrades for sniper rifles.

So while you only have two distinct sniper rifles, it's actually more variety than ME1's inventory full of sniper rifles. And if you really think about it, there's 16 sniper rifles, each time you upgrade it, it's essentially the same thing as in ME1 giving you a new, slightly more powerful but practically the same gun.

16. klutch4891

I guess you're right. I was just a little disappointed by it. Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic...probably better than the first one. Just a huge change that I wasn't expecting.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Well I'm loving every minute of it. I do miss the stats and the inventory but I'm totally hooked with the storyline, I don't even mind the mining.

18. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Started a new career and am on a Level 30 Shepard! Will try to finish it ASAP and then try some of the other classes since I used an ME1 imported Shepard who was a soldier.

19. klutch4891

Personally I like Adepts just because it's so easy. You can hit people even if they're in cover. But Infiltrators/Soldiers are nice due to the sniper rifles.

20. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I think I might reload before the
    suicide mission
    and try to go through it without getting
    anyone killed - the ME2 wiki has a guide on how to do this apparently
    . Also... not sure whether to
    keep the collector base alive or destroy it - I really don't trust the IM, he has Saren eyes