1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Matrix : Revolutions

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquid K9, 16 Nov 2003.

?

What did you think?

1. Crap

28 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. I liked it

42 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. I was brilliant! (re: order a new brain)

19 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Absolutely terrible

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

WOW

That was crap.

They went WAY too far on the religious undertones, which werent undertones they were massive big banners saying "RELIGION" - FFS the explosions were in the shape of a crusifix :rolleyes:. They dealt with the death of the actress who played the oracle mildly ok, could have been a lot better but meh - the whole film was a flop so I wont bother.

I left Reloaded with a feel of "too much sex crap, but cool I wonder how Neo did it", I left this one with the thought of "they had better not make a sequel". The critics were right (unusual though that is), the matrix was a total failure - the entire series, because of this one ending.

I watched from the first to the third and still feel that the first was the best, they went far too hollywood on the last two. I'm disapointed and probably wont buy the DVD box set I said I would buy.

/me begins plotting the death of Andy and Larry

2. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Will be seeing it tomarrow. If you are wrong there will be a tar and feathering :D

3. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

Well you see when a mummy and a daddy love each other very much they get into bed.... ;)

Serioualy pants :miffed:

Which is worse, absolutely terrible or crap?

4. Liquid K9

crap = mostly bad, but has a few good points

absolutely terrible = nearly no good points

5. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

Damn i put my vote as crap :duh: oh well still think it was abysmal

May i show you neos two emotions:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Angry neo and Confused neo

6. Liquid K9

:eyebrow:

stick a pair of guns in confused neos hands and he looks like angry neo. A coincidence? :p

7. K

K 528491

What did I think of this film? I think you know the answer to that. What did I want from this film? The same thing YOU did. Will I go see this film again? There may not BE a tomorrow to see it again.

...etc etc you get my point.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

:hehe: :hehe: :thumb:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I dont care what people say, i liked it. No, i dont need a new brain, i just didnt expect to be "absorbed into heaven" for 2 hours like most people expected it seems.

Yes, his acting gets worse, but i dont care - i enjoyed the fighting, i enjoyed the action. Even if my opinion isnt the popular one (wow some people would make sheep in wales seem independent) i dont care.

What gets me is people act like they dont like it or go to not like it because matrix was "so last year" now so they wouldnt have liked it even if theyd been given LSD or something whilst watching.

So there :p

10. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Liquid K9:
    you have to go into this with the right expectations - by no means was it crap - it did have bad points, but what doesn't?

you're right that there was too much of a religious undertone, but I didn't notice any crusifixal explosions! It seems you wanted it to be bad, just so you could moan about it.

I hope the Wachowotsits make more films becasue I really liked the action-comic influences which were so apparent in the style of the films (esp the last one). Not sure about the storyline though - it did seem to have a few too many convenient changes of mind.

your poll really isn't fair either - can i recommend that a mod adds some more options?...

if you don't like something, you don't have to bitch about it - say what you didn't like, but don't act like you've been let down or conned into some heinous evil-doing.
    [cliche] give some constructive criticism [/cliche]

again, this is just my opinion - it's up to you whether you want to get upset.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ah someone who also understands! Good man and good points.

If it was so bad, explain why its taken 188 million on the opening weekend - the biggest w/e opening EVER for any movie? :naughty:

12. Liquid K9

:eyebrow:

I've been awaiting the conclusion to this trilogy for quite some time. I most definitely did not go just so I could complain about it. I have enough in my life I could complain about without going to a cinema for 2hrs for an excuse.

Admitadly, the film had its good points, but by no means is it any where near as good as Reloaded or the original. The trilogy seems to have gotten worse with age - thats the problem.

One of the main factors in my dislike for the film was the unbelievable fight sequence with Mr. Smith. Firstly, I expected it to go on a lot longer, and have more feel to it. Also, I still dont understand how NEO stopped those Sentinals, "he touched the source" - what the hell does that mean? hes only human for gods sake, how did he communicate instructions to the source?

Feel free to change the poll options ( but you should reset the data to give an accurate view ).

In my opinion Revolutions pales in comparison to not only its kin but many other films. It was a sham, nothing more than a money maker.

RE:> If it was so bad, explain why its taken 188 million on the opening weekend - the biggest w/e opening EVER for any movie?

Marketing. what do you think. They knew that people would go to the film regardless of whether it was good or not. why else release the film at the same time all over the world? thats rarely done without reason, and never a good reason

If I am wrong, why do so many critics agree, not to mention the fans - FFS the cinema was empty when I saw it, bar 10 people I was alone. If it was such a great film, it would have been over booked.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2003
  13. TITAN

TITAN What's a Dremel?

I saw "Revolutions" the second day it was out.
    Theater was packed, probably less than 5 empty seats, and it was showing on two of the theater's 10 or so screens.
    Yeah, alot of people anticipating this release.

What follows is my opinions. I'm not interested in debating them, yet simply stating facts as I personally see them to be.

Part one: A timeless classic. With such a kick @ss part one, the only way to go was down. How could they ever out-do part one?
    They left themselves open for failure.

Part two: Good - with some damn boring parts thrown in for fill.
    Not as good as part one, but not bad at all either.

Part three: Once again, all I can say is, "Disappointing".

When all is said and done, the question of "like it or not" is really up to individual opinion, and I see no point in debating other people's opinions.

If you liked it, fine. Good for you.
    If you didn't like it, that's OK too.

14. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Nobody said Keanu Reeves could act :rolleyes:

15. Liquid K9

if theres no point in debate why bother telling us your view? :eyebrow:

16. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

and the same for your original post - this is one of those 'debates' which won't change anyones' mind. :sigh:

17. TITAN

TITAN What's a Dremel?

Well, if you recall your own post title, it says:
    The Matrix : Revolutions
    What did you think?

So...I posted what I thought, along with clearly stating I didn't want to debate my opinion.

I don't want someone telling me that my opinion is wrong or right, because it can be neither - it's simply my opinion which is what the original post asked for isn't it?
    Opinions aren't debatable.

18. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Nice One :D :thumb:

19. Liquid K9

eep.

this thread has gone sour.

Alright. lets start afresh. What are the good points about the matrix : revolutions (I wont post the negative as we know where that leads)

20. K

K 528491

I only paid £2.50.