1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The mountain biking thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by JuMpErFLY, 26 May 2006.

1. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

It seems there are a fair few mountain bikers out there, so lets get some pictures up from around the globe. What does your bike look like? Where do you ride?

Here's afew to start the ball rolling (although I seriously lack any recent photos)

[​IMG]
    The top of Snowdon and my beloved DMR trailstar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Taken afew years ago at Penhurst, Kent (aka PORC). It's changed a lot there since then

2. ridiculous

ridiculous What's a Dremel?

droooool :rock:

3. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

^ yea, i don't realy bmx/moutain bike... But that looks... Sick :O

4. orb

orb satisfying.

Ride downhill in the south of france here, got a big hit with 2k2 super ts, looking to upgrade it to something like a 2002 shiver or something.

5. customh

customh conflagration.

Dang, some people are hardcore, i have too diverse of hobbies to sink too much into any one, i have a POS bike from costco and am trying to do some off road a bit more.

6. ajack

ajack rox

Will post some shots when I get back home.

Sitting on a long Yeti DJ (bit cheeky since I only ride XC - I just couldn't resist the price), some old Indys (which desperately need replacing), Mono Minis, XTR front/rear mech, RF Evolve Stem, gots some Evolve cranks on their way too :)

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, I live on the side of a mountain, and I have a bike, is that enough?
    Actually, I've been itching to get out and about on the bike, but the crappy weather has prevented me from doing so :(

8. customh

customh conflagration.

Understood, i live in a city....

9. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

As much fun as it looks and probably is Im just too out of shape to do any of that, off road I usually use around 200cc to move me around. I used to do a little but its too flat around here and my mountian bike was made for a 10yr old.

10. orb

orb satisfying.

Just start riding, you'll be soon inshape. Doesn't take long really as long as you do some riding everyday, even just a little bit :)

+Buy a new bike :p

11. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Sorry, not quite a mountain bike, but I recently picked up a claud butler urban 200 hybrid and my god it's awesome. Looks wise it just looks like a mountain bike but it's got slick tires and bloody hell it's so freakin' fast, but still really comfortable and non-fatiguing to ride. Looks pretty much like this one except I've added front suspension and clips.

[​IMG]

AH :D

Last edited: 28 May 2006
  12. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

Nice, wouldn't mind getting myself something for the road, currently have a cheap £25 road bike that is too small and falling to bits, not the best of things! The gears slowly change to the highest on their own accord too so it's damn hard getting up hills.

Suspension on an urban bike though? That's got to slow it down...

13. dom_

dom_ --->

I "urban" ride an orange msisle with dirt jumper 3 on the front and maxxis hookworm tyres.

Without the dirt jumper i probably would needed lots of plastic surgery on my face.

14. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

It doesn't do any good on the hills, but it came with them already installed - I think mine is a previous revision to the one in the picture as the stickers are slightly different too. Absolute steal though - my housemate rides a specialized allez sport and he's pretty into his road cycling, he was absolutely blown away by my bike, and it's about a fifth of the price of his - obviously it's nothing compared to the specialized (then, what is?) but it's pretty bloomin' good for the price!

AH

p.s. I keep re-reading the post cuz it feels all confusing but i'm very hung over so, um, sorry.

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

my bike , although its not that colour blue its much much darker.
    serves me well to>from school the girlfriends mates houses etc.
    really need to look at getting a lightweight rigid city bike though for getting to uni and back next year. cant handle the 3miles or so on 8 gears. xD

16. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

Well that's a little different, not urban in the sense of the word I was using ;). I used to love the msisle when it first came out, it looks so fat! I used to do some street riding, stair drops and the like. Managed to roll on my front wheel and land on the windscreen of a Mercedes that was turning at a junction once :D

17. dom_

dom_ --->

Yeah its why i "it'd it".
    Fab bike to throw around, havnt found anything it cant handle yet ;)

18. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Try it and you may be pleasantly suprised :thumb:

My commuter is a Commencal Absolut CroMo, singlespeed dj hardtail but i can ride 3 miles on it in 20 minutes or less depending on gradient. If your commute is flattish then a 38-16 ratio would get you fit in no time! On-one had a blowout sale of their SS Inbred not long ago

19. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

think ill do just that... i just fancy something a little faster as peddaling like a maniac to get to 30 is v. tiring, i know i can easily break it with more gears!

gotta love playing in the traffic. absolute favourite of mine. ride to town and back all the while weaving and riding through reds, nothing quite like it.
    had a few close calls recently too.

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's one thing that I hate about cyclists. Fair play, dick about with traffic, but don't run red lights. When I run into you going through some traffic lights it's my fault for some reason... :grr: