1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The nice thing about cold weather...

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by broadcaststorm, 7 Jan 2010.

1. broadcaststorm

broadcaststorm Folding for 35947!

...is the low temps on my GPU clients in cold offices!

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Or that even though I'm snowed in, I don't have to turn on the central heating till the evening... I just shut the door to my machine room and enjoy the warmth :)

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Our non insulated coalshed/ server room is 2 degrees celcius with both folding machines running :D GPU temps are way low too. Handy ;)

4. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

who needs central heating when you can fold :thumb:

5. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Yeah I agree with that at home my 4ghz i7 (on water) is currently sat at 56 degrees where as it normally sits in the mid 60's and a few of my GTX 260's are barely touching 60 degrees!

I've moved 2 rigs downstairs into the dining room although they don't seem to be doing much to heat the room up they are certainly running very cool! :D In particular one of my Q6600's @ 3.4ghz on a Titan Fenrir is like 47 degrees!!! :rock:

6. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

I like how everyone complains about my room being too cold. My response is "Well I'd rather be cold than swetty cause its too hot." (catch my drift?) so the rest of my house is around 23c my room is nice and comfortable at 18c. If I'm cold, "I'll put on my coat."