1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows The Official Big Brother hatred thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mctigger, 2 Jun 2009.

1. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

This is now designated the official big brother 10 hatred thread for general unpleasant thoughts. Please do not spam the other thread with crap. Flamers will be punished!

Was watching Channel 4 the other night, and noticed Big Brother is starting again this week.

Now, I have never been a fan of the show, I don't see the point in sitting in a house, watching people sit in a house. There is also the fact that the people on it are usually fame/attention grabbing whores who try and become famous for being, well in my opinion not very much. I'm slightly ranting but whats you're opinion on the show?

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Jun 2009
  2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

My sister, brother in law, mom, all love this show for some reason. Don't ask me why!

3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

The very first series, as a social experiment, was amazing. Once they started filling the house with the same check-list of racial stereotypes it quickly became unbearable (Series 3 onwards).

4. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Big Brother....that thing is still going? We'll end up with more idiots craving attention. Famous for being famous and for no other reason.

Or giving blowjobs under the covers.........

Let them and their ilk rot off screen thank you very much.

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

No.

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

This; it should have stayed a one off imo.

7. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

Oh for foooook sake!! not again! I watched the first series, was interesting. Nasty Nick, playing mind games with everyone. but I agree, good social experiment.

Now everyone wants to make a fast buck. A bunch of chavs, being watched by a bunch of chavs. oooo the options.

no thanks. innit, bling bling and all that b*llocks

8. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

What ever, can we please ban all threads on Big Brother this year.

9. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

+1

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

+1
    let it die first was interesting the arse is really being dragged out of it now

11. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Hopefully this year it will turn into a version of dead set where the housemates die whilst being attacked by rabid vampiric zombie were-squirrels and we get to just sit back and laugh.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

+1

Never watched it, never will.

"Reality TV" is soooooo FAKE!

13. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

x

Last edited: 15 Feb 2017
  14. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

This program has run its course. For god sake give us all a break and scrap this rubbish. I will admit, I watched a few episodes (in total) of some of the first series but haven't seen any of it since. I even avoid the write ups in the newspaper now - thankfully they seem to put it in a pull out in the centre pages of the paper which makes it easier to throw it away.
    What makes me really laugh is the retards who let this rubbish become a big part of their lives by spending every waking hour watching this drivel. Who wants to look at video of these absolute nobody's sleeping? Grow up for f**k sake and get a life :grr:

LOL

15. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i would prefer that this thread just not exist; it just further reinforces the show's influence. this show needs to go away, and people who find that they have nothing less petty to actually hate, need to too.
    no press is bad press! and that's true for both interpretations of that phrase!

16. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

Does anyone remember that other actual social experiment that was shown on channel 4, probably before BB even existed. They took two groups of people, put them in a prison environment, designated one group cell mates and the other guards. Gave them a week and then switched roles. I remember there was anarchy, it was a really good watch though I was much younger at the time and didn't pay much attention to it. I so want to watch that again. Any one know what it was called?

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I'm with Fod, close all bb threads and ban any one who starts one from now on :)

18. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

It was mildly interesting the first time now its really not, saw some program a few days back "celebrating" 10 years of BB in which someone said it was the best tv program ever to be made. At that point I swore at the TV and found something more interesting to do.

19. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

yes, that, I like it!

20. Ransoman

Ransoman What's a Dremel?

This means i won't be able to watch scrubs over lunch :(