1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'll be Sky+'ing it. If it weren't for that I'd definitely get up and watch it, partly because it's a) too easy to see the result and b) not always a decent rerun in the end.

2. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

If only you could Sky+ the practice too. It's a pain setting the times manually into the HDD-DVD recorder and picking the correct BBC Red Button channel on sky. Especially when there are other events on like the Commonwealth Games so there's no guarantee it'll be on the primary channel. What's wrong with using BBC3 or 4 at these times when there's nothing else on them?:duh:

3. Krikkit

I just iplayer the practices now - I've given up messing around with the red button farce on Sky.

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Aye, true. For those without Sky+, try loading up the race/qualy through the iPlayer website (bbc.co.uk/iplayer) rather than through BBC Sport to avoid seeing the result. Has worked for me in the past :thumb:

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I'll be either staying up or iplayering the practices and will definitely be watching the race live. I've watched every race live for about the last 10 years lol (barring any tv mishaps and stuff). I just don't like to think that if something massively dramatic happens it might be cut short or cut out of the replay.

Plus this year the missus has said i will never be able to watch them all live........damn me for not being able to back down from a silly wager!

6. Krikkit

I used to watch them live when we didn't have Sky+/PVR, but now we do I see no point in getting up at the crack of sparrow fart for races like Japan when I can watch them at my leisure later on. :D

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

You can iplayer the practices??? I didn't think they put red button stuff up!

8. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Nah it's all there. FP1, FP2 and even the Forum. Come to think of it, I've never seen FP3 though.

9. Krikkit

Practice sessions are all recorded, you can get both the radio and TV versions on iPlayer. :thumb:

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So P2 is on its way HERE what with P1 being topped by Vettel, and Lewis crashing.
    Lewis's car is still not fixed (with just over 25 minutes to go).
    I really do want him to win this weekend. He deserves it.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Red Bull are looking very strong. Admittedly P1 and P2 are never full representations of race pace but there is a sizable gap to the next fastest cars.

Rain predicted for quali though, could make things interesting.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Best thing to happen (race result) would be:
    Alo/Web around 8/9 respectively, Button wins, Vet Second, Lewis 3rd.
    Then the championship tightens up something vicious.

I really do want to see a 5-man fight (with Lewis winning, of course) right down to the last corner of the last race.

13. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

F1 really doesn't get much closer than this season!

14. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Just watched practice 3 and suzuka is well on it's way to becoming a swimming pool. With worse rain forecast on the way i'd be surprised if qualifyin wasn't postponed, possibly until 2moro.

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

Don't think Alonso is very happy about it being held off (most likely) until tomorrow morning. I'm not either!

16. Krikkit

What an entertaining bit of TV that was - a sport that's usually so serious letting its hair down and having a bit of a laugh in the pouring rain.

Lots of good interviews with key people (and not so key people) and a general feeling of fun.

Also love the boat racing. The Lotus attempt was definitely a bit of a fail. :p

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Agreed. Despite exactly zero live action that was one hell of an entertaining show :)

All it needed was for them all to get their boats and properly race them.

On the bright side (since i foolishly got stuck into Civ 5 and ended up staying up for the quali) I simply had a few hours kip afterwards and tonight i can pull another all nighter. Beer+Steam+F1.

18. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

I'll be staying up for quali, then have a quick nap before watching the start of the race and then going to Brands for the touring cars. Going to be a good day :D

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

For once, it'll be at 11pm local time (saturday) and not 5am on a Sunday bloody morning. I'm thrilled.

20. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Kobayashi driver of the day!! If he didn't have bad luck Lewis wouldn't have any luck. He did so well to take 3rd in qualy after such a bad start to the weekend, gutted for him and Kubica. WTF happend to Rosberg's rear suspension failing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.