1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Just isn't Lewis's season

2. Krazeh

Krazeh Well-Known Member

Both Red Bulls gone!!

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in the Mud

Vettel engine gone! Yay :D

Only shame is Alonso in the lead... booooo.

Very unlucky for Vettel though, he absolutely nailed it today.

4. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

wooohooooooo, now for Alonso to go out!!!! :)

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

My two favourite drivers, Button and Webber well out the points - the driver I like the least leading, with the team I dont think deserves to win this year in the lead of the championship... sigh :(

6. Krazeh

Krazeh Well-Known Member

Well would've preferred to see Hamilton come in first but can't be too unhappy with a weekend where he gets second place and both Red Bulls DNF.

7. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Fantastic race.

That is all.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

A terrible and great race all in one there.

First off, too long behind the safety car. They should've started about lap 10, once you could see the line drying as they went through it should've been started.

Unlucky for Webber, he's my hope and prayer for this year in the championship... I'd rather crawl across broken glass than see Alonso or Vettel win.

Button just seems to have torrid luck when he needs good results, he wasn't really on it all weekend, but the race just went from bad to worse for him. Nice to see Hamilton sticking with it though.

25 points between 4 championship contenders and 2 races. Brazil will be awesome. :D

9. alastor

alastor Well-Known Member

Amen to that, hopefully the Ferrari won't be much good in Brazil although I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Interesting race when I eventually managed to see it between not recording it all due to the late finish, then everything after the BBC2 switch not being on iPlayer yet :grr:

10. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

wow what a race!!!

i really enjoyed that, Hamilton back on form and both red bulls went out

but maclaren have to watch out for Ferrari in the constructors championship as button isn't doing that well and massa is doing much better now

and maclaren need to concentrate on Hamilton now as Button himself admits that he is out of the championship

but was a great race, i have never seen the F1 cars so dirty, i also like alonso cheeky laugh, hell i liked everything about that race, so much to talk about

but i only saw from lap 25 onwards as dad came and woke me up saying it was on and i found it hard to believe as the qualifying was on at 1pm, so i watch the rest of the race eating breakfast

11. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

17 laps under the safety car, what a bore. Come on Charlie, let them race! Also, how dirty was that circuit, did anyone see the state of those cars after the race?

12. Krikkit

I was hoping for a much more conventional race than that tbh, I would've preferred a dry start with a splash of rain to mix it up at about lap 35.

Did anyone else think Tom Clarkson did a great job on the practice sessions? He's no Ant, but he was very good. Another possible contender for Legard replacement tbh.

13. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

I must say I enjoyed it. True, I did wake up half an hour after the official start time and then have to sit through a lot of rain and walking, but what came after was one of the more entertaining races in a while :)

14. theevilelephant

theevilelephant New Member

Both a good and a bad race I thought, there was certainly a fair bit of action but a lot of watching cars not move or watching them follow the safety car around and around and around. Also, if Alonso wins the championship I will be so pissed off!

15. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

i feel really sorry for hulkenburg that he is leaving Williams as he has been quite impressive especially considering this is his first year in F1 and he is only a little slower than barrachelo

(lolz at my own speeling)

16. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

Bored. The only thing stopping redbull is redbull.
    It's as bad as when Schuey kept wining at ferrari

While it was interesting at times, I did not come away feeling entertained. I came away thinking that was a waste of time. There were alot of incedents but not much racing.

Not good.

Alonso and Vettel are twunts, I'd like for them to not win the year, but in all honesty I don't give a f@@@, I might watch the last 2 races this year. I'd like to see fighting tooth and nail, not a pair of cars romping off into the distance until they make the seeming inevitable mistake. Alonso and Hamilton getting sloppy seconds due to redbulls withdrawing.......

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, a good result for Lewis, putting him within one race win from the lead again (better than the 28 points before).

Lewis had a point, IMHO: "It's a wet race, what do they expect?". The SC was out for too long.

Also: Where did the Mercs come from all of a sudden. They were right up there. And both drivers too...

ALO leading the championship right now isn't going to last long (hopefully). The race is on, and it's tooth and nail to the finish line of the last race this season. The only way that that's not happening is if disaster strikes the red bulls and Lewis in the next race, and they finish far off the points.

Lewis knows that he has to win the next race, or finish in the top 3 at least to maintain a fighting position. He can't let Alonso run away. If you ask me - look out for Taz in Brazil. It's win-or-bust for Lewis.
    Here's hoping that luck leaves him alone and Macca manage to give him a car to contend with.

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I was sodisappointed with Korea. So very disappointed. This was probably the best race of the season but I V+'ed it and only got to watch around 33 laps before the recording finished.

Anyway, what a race! I love wet races because the chances of mistakes happening are so much greater. Webber's crash was a perfect example - stray onto the kerb, put the gas down too hard and you go spinning. Do that in close proximity to another car and you're both out. This sort of racing really sorts the excellent drivers from merely good ones.

I hope Korea learns from this race. More cranes, more run-off areas, more pre-F1 races next year please. Also, more rain please.

19. Krikkit

More run-offs? No. Korea, imo, has the perfect mix. That last street section keeps the drivers on their toes, most new circuits are so boringly run-offed that a mistake isn't punished.

Webber got unlucky imo, he collected that car very well and just that dab (and it really was tiny apparently) of throttle spat him straight out... Rosberg got pretty unlucky too, even jumping across the grass couldn't save him.

I was annoyed at the Sky+/V+ problem too - PVR's have a definite flaw. :p

20. alastor

alastor Well-Known Member

A particularly spectacular Big Picture from Darren Heath this weekend, reminds me of a certain game cover:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.