1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Easy way to solve this.......big mirrors and bumbers/padding round the car. getting penalised if an overtake fails is stupid, surely the design of the cars is the penalty ie they fall apart on contact. Massa crashed in tunnel and unless Hamiliton is dick dastardly and got in front to oil up the track, it was a Massa error. Schumacher used that tactic for overtaking the whole way through his career and nothing came of it. Yes it is cause Hamilton is "black", Its called being British and racing for a British team in F1. your automatically at a disadvantage over Ferrari. Yes his overtake was stupid like his comment but If it was a ferrari or Schumacher I bet no one would care. I'm away to watch touring cars now where anything goes with overtaking and drivers don't cry about it since this season is pretty much over.

2. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Come on, we don't want bumper cars in F1.

Hamilton turned in so early that he would have gone into the wall if Massa was not there to push him through. You can't just cut someone up to the extent where they have to completely stop their car to allow someone to pass.
    Did you see the damage to Massa's sidepod? There was a huge hole in the side. I think this must have affected the aero massively, or he wouldn't have been so ridiculously off-line; he wouldn't give up his track position on the grippy part to go to the marbles for no reason. And, if the hole slowed down that part of the car, as you would expect, it is coherent with his veering off in that direction.

Then Lewis just took out Maldonado and got away with it. Ridiculous again. You can't just drive right at someone and make it their responsibility to get out of the way.

That black comment, hopefully, was entirely in jest.

3. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Lewis only had one penalty - the second drive through affected nothing, so Lewis was able to take out Maldonado knowing that even a drive though would be no problem. Outrageous that he should get extra points for cheating like this.

Remember what happened with Brawn? RBR will keep developing and many of the late season tracks are high downforce (Singapore, Brazil, Japan et al.) that I would bet my house of Vettel winning.

4. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

...So the exact reasons why touring cars is forgiving of the more "muscular" moves?

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I thought everyone was upset about the move at Loews, not the tunnel.

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

link

Virgin have parted with their TD because of 'a lack of pace'. [Read: The car is crap, and it's all his fault.]

Bearing in mind this is also the guy responsible for designing a car that couldn't make the end of a race because the fuel tank was too small, i can't say I'm that surprised.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yup... not surprised by those news either.
    The VR car was slow and unreliable for the last two seasons (where, for example Lotus have become fast(er))

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Hell even HRT have shown some improvement. This time last year i doubt they'd have been making the 107% if it had been in force, apart from race one they've been clearing it comfortably.

10. RedFlames

Today we will find out if there is to be a Bahrain GP this year or not

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Personally I wont be all that bothered if there isn't, it's one of Tilke's worst in my opinion.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I'd like Bahrain late in the year.
    Extreme weather curcuits at a time in the season where everyone's on used engines and gearboxes... that separates men from boys... and if they shift Brazil out any further, there's pretty much a guarantee for rain inthe final (provided it gets that far)

13. stonedsurd

I really don't want Bahrain back. After the dickery there earlier this year, it would only taint the reputation of the sport if they take money from an oppressive regime.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

15. stonedsurd

Bah, humbug...

16. RedFlames

It's official

The Bahrain GP will be on October 30th, with the Indian GP [which was to be on the 30th] being bumped to December [and becomes the last GP of the 2011 season]

in other news, provisional calendar for 2012.

Texas is June... that's going to be a warm one...

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

NO. Interlagos as the last race. NOWWW.

18. stonedsurd

How can they not end with Interlagos?

19. RedFlames

The resintatement of Bahrain and the rescheduling of India [means essentially the seans run til Christmas] isn't going over too well.

add to that designing a new car and winter testing for [potentially] a 21 race 2012 the teams are going to be pretty busy, can see the smaller teams having a hard time.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

You simply cannot have anything other than Interlagos as the last race, it's unholy or something. However that USA race could be a real car killer as suggested.

EDIT: Got to give Tilke credit for that USA track though, it looks good for some proper racing. Still think they should use Laguna Seca though lol

Last edited: 3 Jun 2011