1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well so far...

1 - Thank christ that HRT had gone sideways.

2 - Cannot take anything away from Vettel on that one. Huge, massive, stainless steel balls.

2. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

How much is DC being paid for each mention of Mercedes?

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

When Schumacher came back at Hamilton I fell off my seat!

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

What a great race.

I particularly enjoyed the chants of "NO MORE SKY!" at the end :D

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

I wonder if lewis is being so restrained when talking to Mckenzie right now because he is being purely sensible or because he was told Michael just walked in behind him lol

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I thought it was a pretty good race today, And was good to see Lewis finish the race too.

Sam

7. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Today's race felt pretty ZzzZzz for me.

8. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

...were you watching the same race as the rest of us :confused:

9. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

wah?!

The first 20 laps were 20 of the best laps I've ever seen.

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

So 20 laps of Hamilton trying everything possible to get around Schumacher is boring ? :jawdrop:

11. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Really enjoyed the race today, excellent racing and several accidents made for a good watch.

Was good to see Vettel do something other than do lap after lap unchallenged for the entirety.

12. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Great race, shame though that the Maclaren's got caught up behind Schumacher, because when they finally got by there pace was the same as Vettel's.

I do think Schumacher did defend illegally, especially considering that Ross Brawn came on the radio twice to tell him off.

Senna scored his first points which is good. Good to see lots of wheel to wheel action. I am also glad that DRS didn't make things too easy, imo the last few races overtaking has been far too easy you saw Vettel vs Rosberg at Spa. Vettel flew past and Rosberg has the fastest car and Vettel is mean't to have a "slow car" (in a straight line). It was all skill we saw today.

13. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Just on Schumacher, the only one which was even close to being illegal (imo) was when he cut off Hamilton on Curve Grande... And he wasn't even penalised for that so clearly he was pushing it but if the Stewards didn't think it was illegal then I'm certainly not qualified to disagree.

I think he was firm but fair, he put his car in the right place then assumed the racing line, nothing wrong with that.

14. identikit

identikit Minimodder

You cannot defend your position and then move back onto the racing line. That's two manoeuvres.

For me the race was a snoozefest because RedBull knew exactly what they had to-do on Friday and pulled it off. Short gearing to maximise acceleration after the chicanes, minimising their shortcomings on lack of top speed. Vettel (admittedly after a nice comeback on Alonso) just played it to plan and ran away to hide. How many laps did we actually follow the race leader?

In this respect what we are seeing is another Schumacher/Brawn pairing. Utterly dominant through technical development and skilful driving. I'm no way knocking it, but I'd prefer to see closer racing at the pointy end and not fighting over 2nd and 3rd.

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

If there was nothing wrong with it, why did Charlie Whiting tell Ross Brawn to tell his driver to stop with it? If it wasn't illegal, then surely Charlie Whiting wouldn't even be talking to Ross Brawn, let alone telling him to stop?

16. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

You weren't privy to that conversation and neither was I. Charlie might have said "Stop it" or he might have said "it's a bit close, tell him to be careful".

Furthermore, how do you even know CW intervened at all? No one ever stated that, it might have just been Ross telling his driver to be careful because clearly he was pushing it.

Pushing it but not breaking it. He wasn't penalised.

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Ross actually clearly told the BBC team that Charlie Whiting told him to stop it. Think it was on the BBC Forum.

18. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

20.2 - Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as more than one change of direction to defend a position, deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

If you're a better judge of that regulation that the Stewards then excellent. They didn't consider his manouvres a breach of that regulation.

19. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Fair enough! I don't know better than CW. I don't like that though, I'm not usually a fan of black or white but if he breaks the rules he breaks the rules. If CW considered what MS did as a breach of the regulations then he should've been penalised.

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

Oh well, wrong or not, it wasn't punished or penalised and it was some of the best racing from Schumacher in a long time, that Mercedes was on great form, shame Nico couldn't show off that strategy, if he had have been on the softs at the end I think Hamilton would have been in real trouble.