1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So FP1 and FP2 have run in Korea.
    Both rather wet.
    FP1 was topped by Schu, and FP2 was not topped but annihilated by McLaren (Lewis and Button being 1.8 seconds clear of Vettel in 3rd).
    but it's FP, and the wet conditions are said to change during the day today and stay sunny for the rest of the weekend.

All's open, and the pressure is largely off.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

What's Korea like? I was on honeymoon last year when it was on in a place with no TV, internet or access to the outside world so I completely missed it. I did pass through Korea two weeks after it finished.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I didn't watch last year (IIRC), thanks to it being early in the morning.

Accidents aplenty, though, with Seb's engine blowing up, rain, incoming darkness and a Alo-Ham-Mas finish after a Vet-Web-Alo Start...

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

It's pretty evident from the empty Grandstands that there is little to no fanbase there... I can't see it being on the calendar for much longer.

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

They've apparently sold all 130,000odd tickets for Sunday.

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

Anyone else notice the commentary on FP2 just cut out completely, still got team radio transmissions and normal audio.

No harm to the commentary team, but I REALLY enjoyed just hearing engine after engine after engine.

Think it picked up again mid sentence with John Watson? (Was it him?)

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

A qualifying session did just happen didn't it? The place is like a town centre after all the shops have shut for the day, so empty and quiet.

I guess the cars aren't mundane and sensible enough to draw the attention of Koreans.

8. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I just tried watching the qually on i-player streaming and it cut out. Has anyone else had this problem?

9. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Yeah had a couple of issues, refreshing sorted it out though.

Great to see a proper fight to the finish, genuinely pleased about the result.

edit - Seb's little trip across the escape road on an in-lap is being investigated by the stewards, I doubt anything will come of it though.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2011
  10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, nothing changed from that incident. Just saw the decision on Twitter.

11. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

Martin Whitmarsh - "pole feels good, especially when you haven't had it for a while"

12. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Great race, plenty going on throughout the field! great result for the torro rosso's aswell.

13. stonedsurd

I really wish Massa had released Alonso. It's clear that Alonso had at least half a second per lap on Massa.

I also want to know whether his "I give up" radio message was legit or not. The BBC team seems to think that that was nonsense but I think it might have given away some very real frustration.

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Good race. Fantastic scraps, great result for Toro Rosso, sensible and clean driving from Hamilton :jawdrop: Colossal stupidity from Petrov though, was he even looking in front of himself?

The only downer I'm still having right now is the prospect of hearing the world's second most boring national anthem over and over for the next ten years.............again :lol:

(OT:Our own being the most boring, i effing hate it! For the love of god someone change it to Land of Hop And Glory or Rule Britannia!)

EDIT: RATM used for Red Bull victory video :rock:
    EDITEDIT: Gonna be some shuffling around in the Fantasy F1 too I hope :D

15. stonedsurd

My dad's born and raised in Germany, so I'm already far too used to the German anthem. Could use some new blood up top myself :D

Yep, RATM for the RBR video was great :clap:

16. Jor1995dan

Jor1995dan Minimodder

I think Lewis has seen the error of his ways now, and although cautious at the moment, he's getting his mojo back slowly. My personal opinion is that Anthony (Lewis' dad) needs to come back as his manager. I think Lewis drove well today all things considered.

Could you not argue the same for Fernando as well though, as he also took FAR too much speed into turn 3?

17. Jor1995dan

Jor1995dan Minimodder

Yes, Alonso was quicker than Massa, but if he was just to yeild, then what's the point in even going out to the racetrack? I am completely against the team orders rule, and while I acknowledge that it was happening when it was banned, it wasn't exploited to this extent. The FIA is corrupt, and IMO, biased too. Whatever Ferrari wants, Ferrari gets.

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Agreed. He didn't exactly slow up much did he.

19. stonedsurd

Looked like he intended to out-brake Petrov round the outside and then just put his foot down when he saw the carnage.

20. Jor1995dan

Jor1995dan Minimodder

I think (as was said in commentary) that Fernando and Vitaly were racing too hard, and that they weren't paying attention to the track, but each other. I think Vitaly caused an avoidable accident, and should be reprimanded/penialised for it.