1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2012 Thread - Post season

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 7 Dec 2011.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

With Rosberg's stunning Q3 lap, I would be damn disappointed if he didn't make the podium. Any step, the boy just needs to get up there soon. Give him a taste of the rarefied atmosphere, keep him hungry. Languishing in the midfield is good for nobody.

Anyone else thinks that going to Bahrain is a very bad idea? I'm hoping against hope that someone smacks Bernie over the head and takes over to nix that idea. Will NOT be good for the sport.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Coffee? Check.
    BBC Coverage? Check.

Beaut Sunday morning.

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Recording the live coverage? Check.
    Planning to watch it later, with the possibility of skipping through boring laps at 2x, 6x, 12x or 32x speed? Check.
    Going back to bed after doing some forum things? Check.

4. Throbbi

Throbbi New Member

:hehe: Touché sir, touché.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Alonso seems to be driving the car to flatter. I mean Perez managed to qualify earlier than him.

6. Red Eye

Red Eye Member

Still waiting to see Martin Brundle trundle along with his crew while on the pit walk in the background of the BBC coverage. Do miss his pit walks, over the past years he comes across as the ever present pest but much loved to the pit crews.

7. alastor

alastor Well-Known Member

EJ getting a thorough rebuffing from Charlie was pretty amusing.

Tyres seem to be all over the place really, will be interesting to see if anyone tries a two stopper; I'm looking at Perez.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

With this talk of Perez replacing Massa, If I were Massa I'd be begging for a swap, the Sauber seems the far superior car.

9. Throbbi

Throbbi New Member

Webber wheelieing an F1 car, like a boss :hehe:

10. alastor

It's Rosberg's to lose now, bloody pitstops.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi New Member

Ok, I now dont give a crap who finishes where, these last ten laps have been epic!

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I really wanted Vettel to have an absolute stinker today :p

13. alastor

Looking like an all silver podium, just need Webber to do Seb and it'll be a good day :p

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Your wish is his demand :lol:

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Webber airlines.

16. Joey Propane

Joey Propane New Member

Wow, that race is gonna take some beating. The last 10-15 laps were mental! Awesome drive from Rosberg, well deserved first win. Massive shame about Schumi, he didn't have the pace of Rosberg but given his ability to hold a position he could well have made it a Mercedes 1-2...

Good drives from Button and Hamilton, some of Hamilton's overtakes in particular were absolute class examples of grade A driving. Webber as well did a good job and, like Hamilton, is showing good consistency (3 4th places and holding onto the front pack again).... Surprised his wheelie moment wasn't covered at all on Sky (yeah I watched it on Sky, Ben Edwards makes me want to punch someone... it's like having Legard back in the box), almost looked like he was going to flip the thing like he did off the back of Heikki in Valencia.:jawdrop:

Good result for Williams as well. I make no bones about the fact I really dislike Maldonado and dont think he deserves an F1 seat, but the team needs a result like that after everything thats gone on with them over the last few months.

Torro Rosso and Force India really seem to be struggling to keep up with the rest of the mid-field now, with the right variables it's not hard to imagine Lotus, Sauber or even Williams snatching a 3rd or 4th place but at the minute they are struggling to even get in the points (Torro Rosso especially).

Lastly, how frustrated must Kimi be? To lose what, 10 places? In 2 laps? Ouch...

Not particularly looking forward to Bahrain as a race, but at least it means we dont have to wait a full month to Spain (which should be amazing with all the updates and what not).

17. Pieface

Pieface Well-Known Member

Was I the only one hoping Vettel would suffer the Raikonnen treatment with the Tyre drop?

18. Joey Propane

Joey Propane New Member

I reckon he had 2 laps left, tops.

19. Pieface

Pieface Well-Known Member

Grosjean was getting on him quick style. I believe he had lost it on the last few corners.

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Well-Known Member

What a race is all I can say. I can't remember a race that i enjoyed this much.

Nico really deserved the win he was driving out of his skin most of the weekend to get pole then hold the lead pretty much all race.

Ham and But well done to those 2 for great drives, But was unfortunate with his pit stop but they both showed Mclaren are a very strong team this season and probs the team to beat.

Feel sorry for MSC as he was racing well and deserved a podium not a DNF.