1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 11 Jan 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

But he wasn't. 2005-6, two titles, beating Schumacher no less and there were still tantrums, paranoia and a move to McLaren because they could offer 'better prospects' than his already championship winning team.

Giving Alonso everything doesn't necessarily mean he will believe he's been given everything, then he's off. Although having said all that, he seems to be far better adjusted at Ferrari than at any other team so far.

2. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Having the tifosi hanging off his every movement probably helps there. Ferrari has by far the most devoted fans.

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

To be fair though, he dragged his car to places it should not have been. Credit to Alonso regardless.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea this. You can't compare 2005/2006/2008 Alonso to 2011/2012 imo. As he matured he's dropped his paranoia and gives a much better personality on camera.

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Always on the ball early is Alastor :thumb: Good stuff.

Williams, Toro Rosso and Mercedes will launch their cars at the start of the testing according to the official F1 site.

I even ended up liking Alonso last year, after many years of thinking he was an ignorant, arrogant *****. Last season he was mature, open, fair and drove like a true champion. I still insist that Vettel was gifted the title by two safety cars at Singapore which sucks, Alonso deserved that title.

This year will not see a runaway Red Bull I think, tighter testing on the flexy-bits will put a damper of Neweys genius.

6. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

What is going on with Force India. They have now said they will not name the second driver until after the car launch, and there are whispers they are going bust due to VJs kingfisher nightmare.

Bit more appealing to a buyer than HRT, so I wonder who might buy them if they need it.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Maybe thats why paul di resta has not had a confirmed race seat and they have not yet announced there drivers. They could well be struggling to find the backers to keep them afloat for a season.

Something wierd is going down at Force india thats for sure as not anouncing your 2 drivers till after first test seems nuts.

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Would loved to have done Valencia again, but its off the schedule. Although I think I hit it lucky last year with it being such a good race.

9. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This ^:thumb:

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

#AnyonebutVettel

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

the FIndia situation is a bit concerning.

I'd hat to see them go, simply because the green and orange makes for such a cool colour combination on the cars.

<rant>
    Some advertising *sshat has put a Total (I think) ad up (building sized) on my route to work... now I have to look at last years hideously ugly RB8 and Seb Vettel every day at a traffic light....
    </rant>

13. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Wolff to replace Haug

What the hell is going on at Williams! First Parr now Wolff, both were billed as Sir Franks replacment.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think that may express his feelings about how William's will fare post-Frank honestly. If he has lost faith, it doesn't look good for them.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hmmm... Not good at all for Williams and FI, although the latter sounds in deeper doo doo.

I'd be surprised if Bob has regained enough dexterity for an F1 car, although he has tested a DTM and WRC car, so he's got something at least.

16. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Be a real shame if Williams really are screwed. The Renualt tie up really appears to be paying dividends though. They just need a driver who can take advantage. Maybe Bottas will be what they needed.

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Alot of the middle teams are loosing top talent to the bigger teams who can pay them higher wages and offer them a more competitive car to work with.

Force Indias situation is getting really strange they just seem like the Chairmen (Vijay Mallya) is running around trying to not get himself put in prison. His Airplane company owes a fortune to creditors, Id be shocked if hes still in the paddock come the first race of the season.

Even Paul says hes surprised at the current situation reguarding the drivers. Not even been confirmed that they will have 2 drivers for first test.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Williams deserve a bit more than this. Although in fairness, they were always an on/off middle and top field team. With the Renault connection and some decent engineering they should be able to at the very least pull off a decent showing.

I actually like Vettel, he's a massively skilled driver. I don't like his personality, but his technique I can't deny. No matter how good a car is, if you're outgunning our team mate every race. It's a good show of skill.

20. alastor

alastor Minimodder

The other news story of today is that Glock's gone from Marussia, for "commercial reasons"...expect to see a pay driver signing shortly.

I've also updated the car launches section of the OP with the latest:

31 Jan - McLaren - MP4-28 - Woking (UK)
    01 Feb - Force India - VJM06 - Silverstone (UK)
    01 Feb - Ferrari - TBA - Maranello (IT)
    02 Feb - Sauber - C32 - Hinwil (SUI)
    03 Feb - Red Bull - RB9 - Milton Keynes (UK)
    04 Feb - Mercedes - W04 - Jerez (SPA)
    04 Feb - Toro Rosso - STR8 - Jerez (SPA)
    05 Feb - Caterham - CT03 - Jerez (SPA)
    19 Feb - Williams - FW35 - Barcelona (SPA)
    TBA - Lotus - E21 - TBA
    TBA - Marussia - MR02 - TBA

Last edited: 21 Jan 2013