1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech Formula 1 2005 Season Thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 1 Mar 2005.

1. quack

quack Minimodder

What a complete and utter farce. If I'd travelled all the way there and this is what happens, heads would roll.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Q to the US peeps: Do you get it on TV over there? If so, what are the commentators saying? Same question to people in other countries, but i just wanna know about the US because they have NASCAR and stuff.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

Course they do, dude! :)

4. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

like ass is it michelins fault.

- They recognised the fault, and offered to fly in an entire set of new tyres which te FIA wouldnt have.
    - The FIA said they couldnt install a new chicane, even though all teams said they would race with it, FOR NO POINTS.

This is mostly the FIA, michelin tried to help, but in the end, it would have cost the FIA too much, much better for them to just have a **** race from their perspective!

I feel worst for the third place guy! He was loving it on the podium and nobody was there to enjoy it with him! Is he likely to get anothe rpodium ? i dont think so.

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

What a load of ****.
    Imho, this could of been avoided, but yet again, the FIA are useless.
    Why wasn't a chicane built, because they're ****ing hopeless.

My faith in the FIA has dropped, and this isn't down to Michelin, as much as the FIA.
    Goodbye Indi 2006.

I agree.
    Poor guy.

6. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Fortunately, both Jordans and Minardis finished the "race".

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I was so praying for a Ferarri left rear to give out.
    I know its bad, but **** em, they were the only team that were against the Chicane.

8. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Well that was the most shameful display in F1. It was a failing of tyre companies, teams, Bernie, the FIA and management. But most importantly it was a failing of a sport.

Personally I'm sick of constant politics, money and arguing ruining a sport I enjoy watching. This is most likely the last race I'll watch until Bernie / FIA sort themself's out because I refuse to support such a shoddy product. F1 really proved to me this afernoon it's a business not a sport.

The only highlight of the "race" was Martin making Bernie Eccelstone squirm during the pre-race interview.

I look forward to A1 starting up to give me an alternative motorsport to support and watch.

9. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

You can't race on a circuit you haven't practised on.

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Then nobody is going to gain a disadvantage.
    Its not like everyones a rookie.

Just my opinion.

11. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Its the FIAs fault there was no real race but then again the FIA took the right dicision imo. It upholds the integrity of the sport. You cant just go changing rules to please the public. People moan about how F1 is not real motorsport anymore but then start complaing when the FIA take the real motosport dicision!

12. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I meant that's a general rule in motorsport and not just my opinion. I should've made that more clear :blush:

13. slater

It dosent matter anyway cous if they had put it in saturday nite they could have practiced sunday morning in warm up.

the point is it would have been giving and advantage to the michalin teams. Think about if it had happend the other way round and the problem was with bridgestones. It wouldent have got changed then would it! the race would have run as normal with 6 cars sitting it out as they should ;)

Michelin are part of the teams, the teams choose to use michelin tyres they are not a seperate third party

14. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Is there still a Sunday warm up? I can't remember anymore!

If there is then yes, a chicane on Saturday night could've solved this. The FIA are a bunch of idiots.

15. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Atleast it was the most interesting thing that has happened in F1 in years.... ;)

16. slater

attualy you may have a point there they must have abolished it for the new qualifying to work :/

17. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I would have rather seen the race cancelled and no cars raced than for 6 cars to race.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Anyone remember Burnie saying that he was 100% confident all runners would be in todays race when questioned by the ITV guy yesterday? It's funny how some people eat their words.

You cant put in a chicane or change the race layout without a) practice and b) safety testing. Both are a factor of safety.

Tbh i think the Indie track wasnt made for F1 cars in the first place, and it shows it - 180mph corner that's seriously hazardous and 3 slow 60mph corners that dont test the cars. Take it somewhere else.

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Agreed, there are far better, more pro-F1 tracks in the US.

20. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

Id say it probably would have been changed. Your ignoring the fact that ferrari use bridgstones, and if ferrari couldnt race eccelstone would have done something about it. Roll on break-away group.

PS - I would have cried laughing if schumi took out barrichello coming out of the pits when he had to run onto grass. That would have been quallity.

Tags: