1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Looper 7/10

Saw it tonight, overall not a bad film just felt it got slow in places and could have done with being shorter.

Premium Rush 8/10
    Saw this a few days ago, really good fast paced action film on bikes in New York, worth a watch.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Goodfellas 10/10

There's very little to say about this movie - it's just brutal.

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Just bought The Raid on BR so I'll watch that tonight, most recent film I re-watched was the CGI Beowulf. Still can't make up my mind if it was good or just meh. It does however give me the notion to read the original poem, although I am put off by its rep for being a tough read.

I'm off this week so I plan to go see Looper.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Well The Raid was pretty damn good, not the classic that it was made out to be but if you like your action films violent and brutal then this is definitely worth a watch.

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Puhdistus (Purge) - 8/10

Went to see this film made after a hugely hyped book and it was definitely worth going. They should have been speaking Estonian instead of Finnish, but once I got over that, the rest sure kept me awake.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Lockout 8/10

the box says "Die Hard, in Space"... As unbelievable as this quote is, I still really enjoyed this film (and no, it's nothing like Die Hard, but it is in Space so the quote was 50% factually correct).

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I enjoyed it as well, it's just a great brain-off mode popcorn and beer movie. The psychotic bad guy was entertaining and Pearce was great. The CGI was nothing short of terrible and the assault craft attack was 7 shades of ret***ed, good for a giggle. Should have had Christopher Lambert in there somewhere though :D

8. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

Anonymous now i adored this movie and watched it on sky movies 9/10

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I suppose I've got a few to add to the list, I've forgotten so many these past few weeks, as my lovefilm sub is getting a good workout atm. :)

The Grey - 7/10 - In preparation for Taken 2 I'm watching a few films featuring my mancrush, and having never seen this (or much about it other than seeing a poster), I was quite surprised how brutal it is. Definitely not one to watch when you're feeling a bit down, but a solid survival-action type film all the same.

Dead Snow - 7/10 - Decent remote-setting zombie flick, definite B-movie, nothing special really but worth a watch if it's your bag.

Another Earth - 9/10 - A wonderful film, maybe it's just that I really connected with it, but very well done all the same. In the same kind of vein as Sunshine Cleaning and Juno, but with a very different setting, it has that same principle of having scenes where nothing really needs to be said, which connects very well with me.

10. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Saw Looper today, I thought it was pretty good. I also saw the trailer for Skyfall on the big screen, count me in and I'll probably drag the wife along as well.

Watched The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms on Saturday, gawd I love that fifties creature feature stuff. I think I'll dig out some more.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder johnnyboy.

Looper - 7/10 - A very decent film, I have to say if you are a freak for time travel then it might not live up to expectations, as it is quite an unconventional type of causality they use. That said, it all ties together nicely for a decent film.

Also, did anyone find the scene with Seth and The Doctor quite disturbing? That really got me, more than I'd expected

12. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Hellsing (anime, the original 13 episodes) - 9/10
    - This is what vampires should be all about. Alucard would devour the Twilight tweenies without even a pause. I've heard the 'Ultimate OVA' edition is even more brutal.

13. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

21 jump street
    -funny 8/10

man on a ledge
    -8/10 Good film.

14. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Brick - 8/10
    Brilliant neo-noir thriller, Looper has a good pedigree.

Encounters at the End of the World - 8/10
    My new favourite documentary.

15. defined

defined Botch-Job

21 jump street - 8/10 great film, a bit cliched but really enjoyable and had a good few laughs from it, great film to watch with a few mates

darkest hour - 4/10 - i expected a lot more from this film, there are a few major plot holes. the aliens look pretty good and original, aint seen anything like them in other films. This film could have been so much better

operation: endgame - 5/10 - not the best but it was okay, i enjoy watching Rob Corddry, the things he says always has me in stitches.

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

It is.

17. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Watched the first last night. :jawdrop: No doubt it's better; darker, more stylish, more epic, brutal..

Source Code - 8/10
    Was happily impressed by this inception-like film. A few nice twists, not entirely unpredictable but it twists the twists to keep you guessing and I finished watching the film with a smile on my face which must be a good sign.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2012
  18. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I just finished the OVA and it is awesome! Loved every bit of it...

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Looks brutal as it is. I've just started Neon Genesis Evangelion so I'll probably put this on my list.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

platinum edition or don't bother, ditch the last 2 episodes of the tv series and replace them with End of Evangelion for the complete experience.