1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Batman faces off against Wolverine who has been given extra powers and super gadgets by Jareth and Ulysses Klau whilst Alfred tries to referee. I really liked that movie too.

goldstar0011, LennyRhys and Pliqu3011 like this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Currently watching the Matrix on 4K BD.

The scene where Neo gets unplugged and flushed from the goo pod... 4K lends way too much definition to the general crotchal area.

LennyRhys, Yaka and Byron C like this.
  3. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Venom - 8/10 - i was not expecting it to be so enjoyable when they announced it i thought they would **** it up big time, Tom Hardy is perfect for the role of brock.
    harleson as carnage was genius
    also liked the brief spidey verse clip right at the end.

Death of Superman 7/10 while the dc movie universe is a bit meh the animation side of it have rolling out pretty decent movies. not the perfect take on this arc but much better than the shite that was batman vs superman

Jurrasic World 8/10 been on my list to watch for a while and my kids wanted to watch it as starlord in it, surprisingly enjoyable with nice nods to the orignal.

Jurrasic word: lost kingdom 7/10 not as good as the first, enjoyable but not sure wtf the ending is about as it most certainly would me heck of a load of peeps will end up dead as a result

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Red Sparrow - 8/10
    a bit Long in the tooth, but a very watchable film

Logan Lucky - 7/10
    Much funnier than expected, and...
    Daniel Craig has more than one facial expression! Who'd have thought that.

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The Predator 3/10

I am a fanboy so can watch any Predator film (or Alien film) and enjoy it for just having something but WTF happened?

I didn't mind the comedy Shane likes to bring humour but it took away from the intensity and seriousness of the situation, not enough "if it bleeds we can kill it" and too much your mamma jokes.

The ending, the opening of the pod, soooo much anticipation for what or who it could be...…………… boy was that a let down.

But, I am trying to find time to watch it again, I liked the team way more than the team in Predators and the tech upgrades made sense, as our tech evolves, so has theirs's.

Maybe a director's cut is due as I believe there's about 45 minutes of cut footage

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A Simple Favo(u)r - 7/10

Was it trend setting? No. Not really. It was intriguing, it was entertaining, Mrs. Lively and Ms. Kendrick were both very well cast. Not sure I can say the same for Mr. Golding. Although English/Malaysian, his English accent felt forced on more than one occasion. The classic "twist" was twisty enough that although it seemed obvious enough it was refreshingly uncommon.

It was good enough for what it was. Also I laughed a couple of times, which isn't a bad thing.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The Predator Rising: 5/7
    So I had no expectations, I'd heard lots of negative things, but it was OK. It managed to occupy my late evening despite having had a horrendous day and feeling like ****.

It jumped around a lot, seemed like there was a lot of ideas for the film and rather than cut any they just glued them all together, like they couldn't decide if it was a buddy comedy or an all out action film. It could have been better, but could have been MUCH worse.

8. fix-the-spade

The Ipcress File: Listen to me/10

Can't believe I never watched this before, made by the same (mostly) producion crew that made Goldfinger, it's shot like Bond, it's scored like Bond, it is distinctly not Bond. Ace film

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I went on a black and white film binge partly thanks to that so...

Reach for the Sky
    School for Scoundrels
    Harvey

and because it's December

Miracle on 34th Street

10. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Batman ninja 6/10 coulda been so much better its ok for what it is but a massive lost opertuinity.

Batman: bad blood 7/10 makes you wonder while dc animated universe has been overall preetty good how the heck can the live action side bar the nolan trilogy be so meh

11. fix-the-spade

Eye In The Sky: Well that escalated quickly/10

For a procedural made on a budget about 1/10th of most current movies that was certainly gripping.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Jack Ryan the Series what as can be found on that Amazon.
    It's Jack Ryan in the same way that little Tom Cruise is Jack Reacher / 10

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Kind of bland but still a semi-okay way to pass the time if you're not familiar with the source material?

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yeah, that's about the long, tall n short of it

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse - 9/10

Excellent tale, substituting Kingpin & a female Doc Ock with a particle accelerator for Morlun & the Inheritors.

Easter Egg I spotted -
    Miles' dad has classic Spidey artist Steve Ditko in his phone's contact list

16. fix-the-spade

Kingsman: The Golden Circle: I WOULD NEVER HURT MR PICKLE!/10

Only Colin Firth could deliver such a ludicrous sounding line with that level of sincerity and panic. I didn't like this one nearly as much as the first, but that scene was worth it for the feels and every second of Elton John was worth it too.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Ghostbusters [2016]: It's 2040. Our president is a plant!

It Started off meh... it improved slightly... overall it wasn't great but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

18. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

The Black Panther.

1 / 10

What dross....poor acting...like a feature length episode of Desmonds....switched off.

19. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Really? i thought it was pretty good

Johnny English: Strikes Again 7/10 usual but enjoyable comedy just a shame rowan Atkinson does not do more stupid and daft enjoyable comedy's

Man of Steel: 7/10 just watched it on tv this morning again but it always nag me that they didnt use a steady cam for most of the scenes. not as bad as everyone makes out but sure wish they would release a version with all the cut footage

Justice league: Throne of Atlantis 7/10 not watched theaqua man film yet but this animated one was pretty good

Smallfoot 6/10 decentish film that follows the regular formula of other films kids loved it tho

Wathership Down (beeb/netflix) meh/10 what the feck have they done!!!. they musta known it would be compared to the ace late 70s film and will be panned to oblivion by diehards. compared to say peter rabbit movie the cgi is very bad. if anyones not read the book and seen the orignal film do both those things before watching this

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sold! <goes to watch Black Panther>