1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Eric Bana Hulk - We've come a looooong way/10

Wow. This film has not aged well at all and I'm not even talking about the cgi. The production value, cinematography, constant quirky multi scene cuts. Just an unpleasant re-visitation of a movie I quite enjoyed previously.

Or maybe I just watch to many cinema sins. lol

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

F&F: Hobbs & Shaw - 8/10

What an utterly ridiculous film. Every aspect of it was the embodiment of 'turn it up to the limit and rip the knob off'. Loved it. The worst aspect of it is without the usual F&F supporting cast all distracting you all the time, the shortcomings of both Dwayne and Jason are on full display.

But it was very fun.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

NOT.
    POSSIBLE.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. creative

creative 500rwhp

Watched a few recently!

Aladdin: nah /10
    What a load of crap.... lol.. or should that be more 'not my cup of tea'. terrible CGI, terrible acting and its a musical... that in itself was enough to make me turn it off.

John Wick 3: 8/10
    a body count to rival rambo!but not as good as #2

Endgame: 8/10
    Not the epic ending I was expecting, a bit boring at points but overall a fitting end to phase 3.

Alita Battle angel: 7/10
    I enjoyed this. No idea about the anime its based on so I could enjoy it for what it was.

Tolkien: 7/10
    Docufilm about the writer... not a bad watch tbh. Not my usual film I like but it held my interest enough.

5. Osgeld

Osgeld Member

we went to see the lion king reboot with my 4 year old

its the lion king, we all know how it goes down, it doesnt waste nearly as much time with musical's illustrating dumb crap, beyonce forgets to act half way though but it was fun

as far as aladdin, have not seen it yet, cant be any worse than the ego fueled vomit fest Robbin Williams hour that the 90's cartoon was (ps I hate everything that man is in, its like listening to a coke head trying to be funny... oh wait...)

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Not a Movie per se, but well:

The Boys - 8/10
    This is brilliant. A great antidote to the MCU/DC overdose that's going on in the last few years. Not suitable for kids at all (and not advertised as such at any point), loud, impolite, and fun to watch.
    Ever so slightly "activist" at one point, but that gets made up for again in just straight-up violence and dark humour.

LennyRhys and xaser04 like this.