1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The old CPC and Bit-tech Battlefield 3 server by MPUK

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 2 Nov 2011.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Oops, In future I will move to the other team if this happens. Least it's not like other servers :sigh: where it seems a clan was always stacked on one side.

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Haha yeah, the team you were on was working well together but there were some very close games once ours got its act together after the first couple. Your team dominated the air and ground vehicles on a couple of the Karkand maps which meant it was hard to have the mobility to get from point to point.

Reason why we didn't switch teams in those games is because your team of randomers was actually beasting it!

3. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

I didn't think it was an issue this time tom as you whooped our ass anyway hence i felt the need to stay on the same side and get winning.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Here here.

Big surprise. :rolleyes:

fair enough,

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Guys, won't be on til the 28th or so now. Off home for xmas!

Keep on killin!

6. nchhabs

Yeah me too actually! I'm away from the 21st of Dec. to the 3rd of Jan. Got some uni work to power through. Hopefully I won't have lost my tank driving skills by the time I get back...

7. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

As if that's ever going to happen! I'm surprised the military haven't drafted you lol

Oh, and if I don't speak to you guys before hand, I'd like to wish you all a very merry Christmas!

Last edited: 21 Dec 2011
  8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Popped onto Mumble a few minutes ago. Said my happy christmas to those online xD

I will be offline till the 27th or so. With my girlfriend from 21st to 27th might be more or less.

Have a Happy Christmas my Battlefield Chums.

Keep up the good fight and kick some ass for me.

9. nchhabs

Have a good one Dom, merry christmas to you too :)

10. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year and all that.
    Since a bunch of you are gonna be offline during the holidays might as well get all the wishes out of the way now.

Also, I probably wont be around (the game) until mid March due to work-related travelling. I'll be around the forums though.

11. nchhabs

Just to note that 1Marine2/Dom/Deadbolt/smallangryman/markcuk/gunsmith and myself were playing squad rush on a random server today and found it massively fun. Perhaps we could reintroduce Rush or 8v8 squad rush for certain rounds or a couple days a week? It was a great experience to play a really tactical and smaller game mode. It makes for some intense action.

Team deathmatch/Squad DM might be another option, on Op Metro for example it is _a lot_ of fun, as the action occurs in the park area, not the train tunnels.

The other thing I wanted to suggest was a !votekick script for times when admins aren't on the server, allowing general players to deal with issues such as hackers as they arise. I believe there are plugins out there that allow for this? =]

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Agreed with Dub, some excellent team work last night playing Squad rush.

Maybe we could change the server tonight and see if its to everyones taste?

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

will add votekick, just a very simple plugin.

for mixed game modes, there are two options:

1> require a donation, seems should do a good job: eg start with SQRush, move to SQDM, then TDM and then Conquest/Rush.
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showthread.php?3472-Ultimate-Map-Manager-(1.0.0.1-01-05-12)-BF3

2> a votemap plugin. it mentioned gamemodes in passing, allowing you to vote to play other game modes as long as it's in the map list. but it also means malicious voting could lead to a 32 player round followed by 16 player SQDM, kicking half of the server.
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showthread.php?3424-xVotemap-v1.1.3-BF3

i am thinking go with option 1? this guy's other plugin squad enforcer is working great on the server. otherwise each new round will be mostly lonewolves.

14. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Is Squad Deathmatch and Rush still broken? Last time I tried playing it I couldn't spawn on any of my squad members (in normal mode) and I never went back.

15. nchhabs

In Squad Rush I know people were able to spawn on me, and I saw enemies spawning on each other, so I don't believe it is still broken (but it might have been the server or config) so not sure entirely.

Yeah, option 1 sounds good, I think squad rush can be done 8v8 as well like we were playing last night. Let me know if you'd like a contribution for the donation, I'd be more than happy to cover it.

EDIT: Ah, other thing I wanted to query was whether multiplay had gotten back to us on supporting teamsync? I've realised that the issue isn't the autobalancer when it comes to MVP-bias, it's voice coms/squads! Generally the team that has the most people on voice coms wins - perhaps there could be a setting in the autobalancer to split CPC members evenly over both teams? That way we at least have 2 to 3 people we are able to play tactically with. This could work quite well if we get teamsync support working on top, as we'd be sorted into voip squads automatically. In the meantime if we can get this working, I'd be happy to sort the factions out between rounds manually.

One caveat though, my availability may be a little haphazard this week due to uni exams/work, should be on very regularly from about Jan 17th.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2012
  16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

votekick implemented, didn't get a chance to test it out, may be tonight. type "!votekick wyx087 being too awesome"

map manager plugin has been emailed to me and added to the server. currently has 2 map lists: SQDM+SQrush; Conquest Large. smaller squad game has all the maps, at around 25 maps!

will need to refine the map lists, and add a few Rush rounds, Damavand Peak and Op Metro? any other good Rush maps?

they said TeamSync isn't currently possible. the autobalancer doesn't know anything about voice comm, so that is also not possible unfortunately. but please don't sort people manually, the balancer is done by score, so at least it's good estimate for a balanced game.

17. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Seine Crossing is pretty good for Rush as well I think, maybe Wake Island too.

18. nchhabs

When I said sort manually, I meant voice comms (mumble factions) - so if the autobalancer was able to take all the CPC players, split them in half across either team (via score etc), then the VOIP could be handled manually by players. But without teamsync it'd be a pain after a while.

As for mapchoice for rush, I second seine crossing and wake island. Canals is good as well.

19. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

muahahahahah! I got a new network cable (the evil cat shall never win!), and will be back on BF3 woot.

I'm missing the love of Wyx'y, Dub, and of course Murray!

Might even be missing Fluidic just a little bit...

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Welcome back to the Battlefield :)