1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Problem With Porting Games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Aug 2009.

1. utaku_ryukko

utaku_ryukko What's a Dremel?

One port I would like to see, but I know I'm day dreaming is the port to GNU/Linux based OS.
    I personally think that far more people will switch one games will be done for these OS.

I don't complain. My favourite game (Civ IV) is working perfectly fine with Wine and I even got the surprise that it runs faster with that compared to my initial XP config (I only reformat the HD, nothing else had changed).

But that means a HUGE effort mainly from GC manufacturers to release the spec so we can have good drivers and 3D acceleration.
    Hopefully with the Google Chrome OS coming that might be the case soon, as Google has enough weight to make the manufacturers bending.

2. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

After reading this article I'm starting to see why some people give away free copies of PC games. I believe Crysis and The STALKER series are the only PC exclusive games to take advantage of and push all this hardware PC enthusiast like myself have bought. Yeh I understand budget and time frames and all that B.S. but basically if you don't have the time or funding to make a proper PC game then just don't port some crap over from the XBOX360 an expect us to be happy with it.

Crysis came out, I read the specs and bought it any way. It crushed my PC to it's knees. After that I went out and piece by piece bought and installed parts to my PC so no game would ever do this to my PC again. Well because developers and publishers are all console loving jerks, there probably won't be a PC exclusive game made to put my PC to work. The games you guys make for consoles are crap. Weak graphics weak game play weak A.I. NO innovation with a multiplayer thrown in. Only PS3 exclusives and a couple of XBOX 360 games are worth buying.

I'm a PC Gamer. I EXPECT MORE. I bought Nissan GT-R type PC equipment because I wanna run Nissan GT-R quality games.
    Developers have every excuse in the world not to make quality PC games. Low end PC's, Compatibility, Piracy, blah blah
    you guys are a bunch of lazy *******s looking for a quick buck on the crap you make for consoles. Just look at Metacritic 90% of all games are under a 90 rating. Less than 90 equals crap on a PC or console. If your game receives a rating lower than 87 on Metacritic it should be sold for $9.99 because obviously your product sucks and we shouldn't have to pay full price for CRAPWARE just like people don't pay full price for that last item at the store with a scratch on it.

Stop being ass clowns and lemmings, tell the share holders (who don't play games anyway) to go to hell and make the HIGH END quality of GAMES that will justify Nvidia or ATi making more powerful and energy efficient video cards. Basically my onboard HD 3300 can run every game out on medium to high with 2xaa but I prefer to use my crossfire set up to run something that would leave me speechless like CRYSIS maxxed out. It's 2010 and all PC gamers got is CRYSIS from 2007. ATi has sold 2 million Directx 11 cards, I feel bad for those people because looking at the PC game schedule, there is nothing coming out thats gonna
    make any of those cards or any directx 10 card break a sweat. Just a bunch of console ports, even Crysis 2 is gonna be a direct xbox 360 port.

Tags: Add Tags