Before I start my endless blabble and picture posting, do note that this mod is already finished - it has been for quite a while now. Though, I have a new casemod in the making, and figured it would be a good idea to post my old (and first) one here, to give you an idea of what to expect. I have more than plenty of pictures from the process, and will be serving you these in a suitably paced manor, to make it feel like a "real" work log. Anyhoot, onwards. This is my first ever casemod. It has been a few years in production, being modded in two stints. The first version wasn't quite as I wanted it, so I expanded and developed the concept, with my main goal being the "Casemod of the Year 2005" contest on Tweakup.dk. Sadly, I missed the deadline, but I ended up with something I was quite proud of. Let's start at the beginning, stint one. Do note that a few of the ideas on the following pages were scrapped in the end product, I'll notify you when I commence the second stint, the one that built up to what it is today. First up is: The Case The cellphone in the first picture might indicate how old these pictures really are, hehe. It's an Ericsson, from the time before they merged with Sony. I don't even remember what it's called. An A26...something. Now, when I picked this, it was mainly for the flashy color. At this time I wasn't planning anything specific, just wanted a new case to replace the crappy, cheap, plastic littered, 0.7 cm zink built heap of a case I was currently in possession of. A sturdy Chieftec case seemed like a good replacement. The Modding It would be months before I laid hands on the case. What set me off was a mod I saw on Metku. Someone had squeezed four 80mm fans into the front of his (smaller) Antec case. The innards are pretty much identical to that of my Chieftec, so I gave it a whirl. Before I show you how that turned out, here's a few pictures of what I did to the case before that: Installed a CoolerMaster Musketeer and a small Papst 40mm fan. The goodies for my PSU mod. A purple acrylic cover, black cable sleeving from Vantec, a very silent CoolInk 80mm fan, a Y-cable and some fan screws, and a fan grill I ended up never using. I drilled all the venting holes myself. Think there was about 90 in total. Took ages. I think that's enough info and pictures for one post. I'll post more, mainly of the 4x80mm fan mod in a minute. All comments are welcome.