1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Quadcopter/Drone/Multirotor Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Byron C, 4 Mar 2017.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

It was on eone occasion, it's about a mile and a half walk to the nearest place that I can fly legitimately. Nearby is a lovely open grass area, but it's for kite flying and a nature reserve...

Frustrating, you have my sympathy. Mavic 2 Pro?? That's what I'd like to move to next from the pro, as the camera is noticeably better.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Yeah, it's great from what I've played with so far

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just been watching Ian In London on YT comparing DJI Mavic drones and heard him mention new flying regs coming in July.
    First I've heard of it...
    I was thinking of saving up for a used Mavic 2 Pro, but now I'm not so sure.
    They have broken down the weight categories further; fine,I always thought 250g to 20Kg in one group was mad.
    Looks like anything over 900g in transition period is way more heavily restricted, so a Mavic Pro (~750g) is OK, but a Pro 2 (910g) will not be.
    To fly like we can now, we'll need to do a 1 day £300 A2 course, and after transition have a drone that has a low speed mode to go nearer to people than 30m.
    Also restrictions on where you can fly unlicenced. Maybe this will be good and weed out unsafe and risk taking flyers, but I've not seen much enforcement of the (admittedly weak) new 2019 rules.
    I may have to wait for a 'super' sub 250g drone with better specs to make life easier [Mavic Mini and any with a camera that are not a 'toy' will still need to be registered].
    That or wait for a new DJI [Other brands of UAV are available!] C2 compatible sub 2Kg model that can fly in slow/safe mode, none are available on the market today.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh ffs, more red tape ballache.