1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The RIAA has lost touch with reality

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Jan 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

Whole point in downloading music illegally is to not pay £10 for an Album, if you can get it for free, why pay for it?

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Bah! Humbug! For years I've been wanting the musicians I like to have a site where I could go buy their albums in a digital format and pay directly to them.
    Whether going to a record store or walmart it is really hard to find the stuff that I listen to and ever since the RIAA sued their first customer I've been appalled by their business.
    So yeah everybody wants music. And everybody wants to support the artists they like. But NOBODY wants to support music in the shape of an industry.
    The RIAA probably knows this and they are just trying to survive as long as possible using current models instead of putting their real world assets to good use.
    RIAA == failure
    Music is not a product and with the internet and the digital age enabling worldwide digital copies on the internet cloud technology has cemented this fact.
    As a digital copy is not a physical product the incentive to pay for it is hard to find. The love for the music is the incentive for the fan to tribute the artist. This makes a delicate connection between music lover and artist and if you put an evil corporation renowned for suing people who love music and screwing over artists into the equation then it falls apart.

It's sad for those who can't see that Love =I= Capital
    Luckily for them you can always go buy a wife from Russia or Thailand or go down to the red light district where "Loving"==Capital where they by the way pay directly to the artist.

/Out

Tags: Add Tags