1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Shooting Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gareth Halfacree, 7 May 2015.

1. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Staff Administrator

congratulations :)

I assume the 10/22 is on the Certificate as the one you can go buy now?

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thanks, it came in the correct timescale of 12-13 weeks, so the application system seems to have run fine.
    The slot is open for a .22LR rifle of my choice, plus a slot for a moderator too.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So, I haven't been to the range since the birth of my second kid... I have no active permissions... My safe is full...

Logically, then, it's time to look at buying ANOTHER AIRGUN.

[​IMG]

Lookit, would you? How amazingly ugly is that thing? Kral Puncher Armour, a bullpup 12/14-shot PCP with two mags, sidelever, picatinny rail for accessories, adjustable cheekpiece, two-stage trigger. My local RFD has it in .22 calibre, though I'm tempted to ask if he could order one in .177 instead.

Also, it comes in BRIGHT CHUFFIN' ORANGE.

[​IMG]
    (Also, green and blue as well as the originally pictured black, but c'mon, orange is clearly the bestest colour.)

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Dunno about the orange Gareth but it looks to be a lovely bit of kit :thumb:

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

EEEEEeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, zee goggles, they do nothing

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Soooooo... I've decided to get back into shooting again after a hiatus of approximately five years, and being in Scotland I now have to apply for an "Air Weapon" licence at a cost of £72. I'm planning to go about this the old-fashioned way, so I'm going to save some dough whilst I wait for the licence to come through (it could take several months) and when the time comes I will hopefully have enough to get a nice rifle/scope combo.

At the moment my plan is to go back to a setup akin to what I had before, which was a TX200HC in walnut with a Falcon Menace FFP scope. Ideally I'd like to have a springer and a PCP, but first things first. :)

[​IMG]

7. Arboreal

Welcome back, Lenny. I did the same with my FAC; I sold my shotgun while the application was going through and bought my 10/22, (used model put aside for me), when the paperwork arrived.

Latest acquisition last week:

[​IMG]

A Ruger hardwood 'deluxe' stock to replace the beech one it came with (Exhibit B).
    There's the small matter of the tatty varnish to remove and replace (hopefully, if I can work out how) with a satin oiled finish.

I've been looking for months, and this came in at a good price on evil bay.

Also shown is the new Hawke 3-9 x50 subsonic illuminated bullet drop indicator scope.

Next will be some trigger internals, to make it fire more smoothly. Such a great bit of kit, as it's simple, ubiquitous and easy to work on if you have a bit of sense

LennyRhys likes this.
  8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

Look up the Armor-all and Tru oil technique for stock refinishing. I use it on bows and it's amazing.

Arboreal likes this.
  9. Arboreal

Thanks Kayin, good to hear from you. I'll have a look and see if those items are available in the UK too!

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

I sold my shotgun, and my bows are put up, but I still know plenty about gunsmithing. Glad to share that knowledge. If you need help, I'm glad to assist. Just let me know.