1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide The Smallest Jumper Switch Ever

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Malvolio, 19 Jun 2004.

1. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

possibly, I need a spell checker integrated into my keyboard, or better yet, my hands......

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Am I the only one who thinks this has gotten a slight bit off topic? :rolleyes: Come on people, start making these stupidly small switches allready! Make them in the hundreds! I command it :miffed:

3. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

It's a good idea, but what's actually the point of having one that small?

Make a proper switch panel with pwr/reset buttons and pwr/hdd lights on it for when you're using the board out of the case. Makes things less confusing ;)

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Well, for me personaly, the computer it's on is out of it's case permanately ;) And I disslike gawdly awful "floating" pannels that just have like a thousend wires going everywhere. And in my situation, the button is allmost perfectly hidden, so I can't have some random lamer come by and hit the switch, or even find it. But anyway, to each their own (and added to that, it makes a great tool to keep in your electronic tool box just incase you need a small temp switch).

5. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Humour, irony, ...anyone? No offense intended, just a bit of fun. :D

It's a nice idea and props to Mal for putting the idea/guide up - a handy time-saver for o-clockers. :thumb:

Last edited: 24 Jun 2004
  6. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Yes. :D Just kidding you :p In case you didnt know, I was actually making a joke-I guess my attempts at humor just dont carry over very well. :duh:

7. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

don't worry roto, I got it :)

course, I don't even think people who ARE serious ARE

8. Cornstarch

Cornstarch What's a Dremel?

i think what G gnome posted was hillarious.. it was quite difficult to see what the pictures were describing.. he just tried to make a point that if you are going to post pictures about really really small mods,, that you might want to make the pics a bit cleaner so we can follow allong. no offence to any one.. but a picture is worth a thousand words.. ( and for retards like me, pictures are neccisary for completion of the projects. ) .. oh and the button works great.. took me a while but i finally got it down.. i even made a few for my buddys at work.

9. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I think what G-gnome posted was flat out rude, plain and simple. If the pics are crap, there are easier ways to get better pics, without ridiculing(sp?) someone.

When I read the second post in this thread I was shocked to see such arrogance.

Personally, I didn't even notice the first pic was of bad quality at all, until someone claimed it was. Even so, you can still see it pretty well.

L J

11. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Just a friendly bit of taking the mickey bud :)

:naughty:

12. TMM

TMM Modder

jebus. get the whatever-it-is out of your bum :)

I found g-gnomes pic quite funny tbh :D

ok, that aside.

fairly simple job, Malfoleo. Wouldn't it be more handy to have a 3pin connector and a SPDT switch?
    so you can reset the cmos on a mobo with the 3pin header.

13. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

That's a nice idea. I think I have seen motherboards come with a switch on a backplate like that... in fact I think it's an option for my AOpen board. Could be useful for overclocking attempts :dremel:

14. Axly

Axly slo-mo...dder

Hmm, cool idea... Not that I will make one, however this little guide certainly fills its purpose, it gives people good ideas about other things :) Thanks for the insiration :thumb:

Thanks Malfoleo for putting up a clearer pic, I tried in vain to rub the sleep out of my eyes for a while there, and G-gnome... :hehe:

15. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

People need to calm down eh? :hip:

Anyway, nice idea, defintly usful! :eeek: :thumb:

16. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

Ok, now how about the largest switch ever?

I want to see a momentary where you have to depress THE ENTIRE COMPUTER CASE an inch straight down to turn the computer on and off. :D

17. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

It's in the works my friend, its in the works.

As for the guide, actually that is useful. I often end up testing and working on systems outside a case. I don't like to have to use a screwdriver to bridge the pins to start a machine. It feel like it would be to easy to slip and kill the damn thing. Normally, I plug in a header and crosss the wires. However, this is alot cleaner and simpler.

btw, not all Americans need a sarcasm for dummies book... I thought G-gnome's post was funny and well played.

18. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

WTF is up with the "Americans need sarcasm for dummies" comment? Has is ever occured to you, all Americans are different? I don't care if you think I'm an idiot or not, if I see a bit-tech memeber from England acting like an idiot does that mean all british members of the forum are idiots? I'm tired of seeing all the anti-american bull-**** at these forums.

Back to the subject, G-gnome's comment was not a joke, nor was it sarcasm, it was in my opinion a blatant attempt to call Malfoleo an idiot. Try as you might to disguise it as a joke/sarcasm, I still see it as something I never expected G-gnome to say. Personally, I'm amazed that for making one great mod, everyone thinks he's a god(even part of the bit-tech team) and now he can say that and get away with it.

L J

19. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

I thought it was funny as hell, and I hope Malfoleo took it in good faith because I'm sure G-gnome wouldn't have posted to be blatantly mean.

I also think everybody just needs to sit back and chill for a minute.

20. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

How dare you say something like that ?? :grr:

See what happens when things are taken out of context ? It was a joke. Mal knows it was a joke. The mods knew it was a joke. I think people just need to stop taking things so seriously and learn to laugh at themselves.

Tags: