1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware The SSD Catchup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 8 Jan 2013.

1. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

My old 60G Vertex keeps on plodding. No complaints there.

It is their more recent efforts that have lost me as a customer. Appalling failure rates.
    Apparently the cheap Petrol line has a 30-something % return rate, which is extraordinary, but all OCZ products have 3-4x the return rates of other SSD brands.

I don't care how wonderful the RMA process is if the product itself is unreliable. I haven't dealt with OCZ's return process, because I haven't used it. My failed OCZ product went back to place of purchase, and then the replacement went back to place of purchase, and then I put the replacement from another brand into my system. I should have gone Crucial from the start.

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Arrgh... just not quite faster enough warrant a 820 > 840 pro upgrade. I'll convince Mrs Pook she needs a Samsung 830.. then give her mine.. then I'll have to buy one :)

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Just bought a pair of 840s to replace my aging / small Vertex 3s

\o/

From experience with OCZ, personally I wouldn't touch their latest offering with a barge pole, it might well be absolutely perfect at launch, but oh well. (5th times a charm and all that)

4. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

Thanks for the article dude, I'd been looking at getting the 840 over Christmas but just couldn't make up my mind on it. It was on sale for about £110 over Christmas - really wishing I'd picked one up now :wallbash:

Tags: Add Tags