1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware The Tablet You Want Isn't What You'll Get

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 10 Jan 2011.

1. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

I'm willing to pay $1000 for a proper high powered tablet and I thought the Asus e121 was it but it seems they have really screwed it up. Maybe Sony will have a Proper Vaio tablet if not then I want be getting one.

18 inch High resolution screen, 4G or 3G, wifi usb ports, HDMI port, sandy bridge or core i5, high end AMD GPU, 4 gb ram, 150gb SSD, Windows 7 but modified to work snappy with touch screen, headphone jack, GSM Cellular, Keyboard dock station that turns tablet into notebook and acts as a charger and has extra Storage and ports 6 hour battery life in tablet form plus another 6 hours in notebook form with screen constructed out of glass like the iphone.

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

LOL. £2000+ and 5kg+. Why would you want an 18 inch tablet anyway? It's hardly portable.

3. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

Ipads work for users who want to consume media, I let my 3 yr old play games/watch his cartoons etc. (which he does without anyone having to do it for him) would I let him play with my gaming rig heck no, too much can be altered by over eager mouse clicking.

It really is horses for courses, the iPad is great at what it does, is it any use for power users who want to do everything no but they can buy something else like a tractional tablet pc, my work tablet has windows xp and is great for all my teaching and presenting needs especially as it is pen input, don't be fooled by the windows won't work in that form factor it absolutely does as long as you remember that it will not be the same as having a keyboard and mouse.

4. naf456

naf456 What's a Dremel?

I never get tablets... the decent ones are more expensive then a good laptop (Lets say 2.7GHz i3, 4GB RAM), yet there extremely under powered in comparison (1Ghz, 512MB RAM). WHICH leads to running crap applications, or Being unpractically low in productivity (Because of lack of multi-tasking).
    The lappy will always be warm in the hands of businessmen. The Tablet... All because people are bored with mice.

Tags: Add Tags