1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Unofficial Hard Drug Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by DivineSin, 17 Jan 2006.

1. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I'll call you out on this one. Last year while I was working as a bouncer at a bar I had plenty of access to free/cheap drugs just for letting minor things slide by (such as people smoking a joint out in the parking lot). I ended up doing cocaine fairly regularly and it wasn't the effect that pulled me into it but moreso the taste of the drain. Sometimes I would get some that wouldn't drain and I'd give it away simply because I enjoyed the taste of it and wasn't getting any from those "samples."

2. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

I'd just like to state my view that anyone who looks down upon those who wish to take drugs, yet drink alcohol are hypocrits. Yes, for quite a few numpties out there, there can be dangers associated with taking drugs - and yes, there will always be a numpty who takes something so frequently that his life begins to revolve around it. However, for the rest of us - the intelligent, otherwise law-abiding recreational users, drugs can give certain insights into oneself that you can't achieve otherwise. Drugs have made me a better person, and I'm proud to say that I use them.

Using drug-related death figures is absolute NONSENSE. Let's all have a look over at our old friend alcohol, shall we? I don't particularly fancy trawling the net for figures etc, but is it not a drug that just screams "MAKE ME A CLASS A, PLEASE!"? No, you say? What are you on.... drugs?!

3. BFGunrunner

BFGunrunner What's a Dremel?

man just last week i smoked like 3 grams of weed got me so riped dude i was freakin out when i saw a shadow :S but i will never take crack cocaine heroine that crap is just messed up.

4. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

live and let live i guess, Its just another thing like alcohol that can poteintally do serious harm. Only thing I dont agree with is the bragging that youve taken x,x and x. Its pretty pathetic really, wow you snorted cocaine and injected yourself with stuff , that can all kill you...
    Its like the whole pub banter of oh I drank X amounts of pints last night and ended up in accident and emergency.
    Guess I spend that much time in a and e (im particulary clumsy, Ive damaged 3 out of 4 limbs seriously in the last 2 years \o/) watching some idiot be dragged in vomiting and such due to taking whatever that ive got a pretty low opinion of people who feel the need to take things constantly, although I wouldnt take them I can see why people experiment, you dont know untill try etc and again, live and let live, but it can quickly lead to addiction, then your doomed to trying to get off them ( cold turkey or with help it still aint easy), staying on them for the rest of your life (expensive,doesnt do your body much good), or dying either from over dose or being on them for such a long period that your organs start to give up.
    Yeah I agree alcohol is a drug, which is the point im not a hypocrit, as I havent drank now for a very long time, couldnt drink on tablets I was on then found out my stomach was knackered so stopped drinking completely in about september last year, not that I was particulary a drinker to start with (just occasional night out)

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Hmm, thats an intresting figure to hear. We were taught that 13 people a year died from taking Extacy every year in the UK, including the people who didn't actually die from OD'ing, but just died from being stupid(dehydration or hyperhydration). That was government ciriculam stuff too :/

Regardless, anything under 100 is negligable, and considering the figures aren't just OD's, but are also taking into account common causes of death for people on the drug, the number is phenominally low, considering that hundreds of thousands of Extacy pills are consumed in the UK every single weekend of the year.

Hmm, to an extent I agree with what you're saying here KNA. Some drugs, certainly, there is a taste and smell element to them, cannabis experts will tell you that, its almost something similar to wine, albeit with stronger effects. However the majority of illegal recreational drugs are taken primarily if not totaly for their effect, not for taste.

When I said "flawwed" people though, I wasn't so much meaning the usual social and life problems we all have one or two of, rather, I was reffering to the implied more serious psychological problems that are often ascribed to anyone who wants to take drugs.

So many people seem to assume that a recreational drug user must have something major missing in their life, or some big problem that they're trying to cover, where-as, in fact, many are just enhancing their lives with drugs. Of course this is different for hard drug users, because the addictive qualities of those create large enough problems in themsevles.

But as Mary-Jo points out, no-one feels exactly like they want to all the time, and some people choose to take drugs to alter that, so long as they accept the possible health issues it can cause, what problem is there? As for getting addicted due to the hit alone, many things people would class as hard drugs, LSD, Mushrooms, E, are either completely non-addictive, or have minimal addictive qualites, unlike the two major legal recreational drugs.

6. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

7. offroadracer789

offroadracer789 What's a Dremel?

The only reason i have stayed away from drugs is the lack of any quality control. Is the "watering" down of drugs with other potentially deadly chemicals as bad as it is made out to be?

That is one way that alcohol is better than drugs, but I do feel that drunk people are much worse than stoned people. None of my friends do hallucinagens, so i dont really know what people on those are like.

Lastly, are there any dangers of being on a prescription drug for depression and using illegal drugs at the same time?

8. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Not really in your class A's, but drug testing kits are available for those who want to know what they're taking before they take it. The main thing that differs is product quality, take the so-called "hash" that most dealers in the UK sell. It contains very little actual cannabis, but is packed full of toxic substances to maximise profits - plastic, coffee, poo, ketamine etc.

Psychedelic drugs are usually taken in relative privacy of homes etc, for the most part. However some people take LSD or K at parties and raves.

Depends on the drug entirely. If it's an MAOI or SSRI, you shouldn't be taking anything else.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

With MAOIs you definitely shouldn't be taking anything else. It already reacts badly with some foods such as mature cheese, pickled herring, broad bean pods, and Bovril, Oxo, Marmite or any similar meat or yeast extract or fermented soya bean extract. These interactions may cause a dangerous rise in blood pressure. Patients are advised to eat only fresh foods and avoid food that is suspected of being stale or ‘going off'. This is especially important with meat, fish, poultry or offal; game should be avoided. Patients should also avoid alcoholic drinks or de-alcoholised (low alcohol) drinks. MAOIs interact with barbiturates and opiates. The danger of interaction persists for up to 2 weeks after treatment with MAOIs is discontinued.

SSRIs reinforces the effects of alcohol, St. John's Worth and barbiturates (in a bad way). The effects of cannabis, psychedelics and MDMA are reduced. However long-term interactions are unknown and given that when combined, some serious serotonin bombardment takes place, serotonin syndrome (symptoms can include confusion, hallucinations, fluctuations in blood pressure, fever, seizures, coma and even death) is a definite risk.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

So thats about, 150% times the number of people who die each year from putting those little square 9V batteries to their lips in order to test them. Man, I can see why they banned it, if it keeps on killing that number of people each year England will have no-one left within a few Billion years!

11. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

I guess what grates me is the one thing I really can't stand about many drug users (Cokeheads especially) is they're always so holier than thou.

People wonder why I take such a opposing stance on cigarettes and drugs, it's usually because every time I get into a conversation with someone about it they try and make me look like I'm some kind of lightweight prude who's "missing out".

12. warchild

warchild What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 19 Mar 2006