1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education The weight loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mansueto, 25 Feb 2013.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

Not sure my last post in here but I've been under 13 stone for about 3 months now (started at tad over 15), had to replace all my jeans as I'm in the 34/36 from 38/40, need to replace the shirts next.
    It's bitter sweet, costing me a fortune but I feel fantastic and look better.

It's getting annoying though that people are saying I'm lost too much etc, society judges over weight people but acts concerned when someone does it properly and changes shape to something they're not familiar with you being.

Still plenty of podge I can get rid off which is doable, I'm eating healthy, found a love for cooking and meal prepping and my mate is studying to be a PT so am getting free support.

Arboreal and Sentinel-R1 like this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's funny looking at my fitbit graph. It falls all week then goes up between Friday morning when I weight myself to Monday morning. Wonder what causes that... :naughty:. on track to lose about 1KG a week overall.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think its more than flawed, say I magically dropped to my recommended which around 70kg.
    Currently im 59.8Kg of muscle 3.1Kg bone so that leaves 7.1Kg for everything else.

Now I very much doubt with strength training and lots of riding ill be reducing my muscle maths, I'm either going to be more ripped than a Belgium cow or die from contracting death or something.

MLyons likes this.
  4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Music Enthusiast

Stepped on the scales this morning and I was 14st 6lbs which is awesome!

I found a picture I sent on Boxing Day to my sister joking about what I’d gained standing on some scales. The figure was 15st 5lbs

My target is hit 13st over the next 24 weeks or so which I think is extremely achievable. From there I’ll probably switch the diet to focus on a clean bulk through the remainder of the year and see if I can build a physique I’ve always given up on

goldstar0011 likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Remember this?
    Yeah, biffed it, didn't I? A year of working 12-hour days sat on my backside has not been kind to me. I'm not only fatter than ever, but I'm getting winded walking up the stairs of a morning.

Hooray(!)

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Lunatic on the Grass.

If you are around the right weight, your skeleton will account for around 15% of the total, about 10.5KG in your case. Where have most of your bones gone?

MLyons likes this.
  7. thetech1

thetech1 New Member

I could do with loosing a lot of weight, I suppose that's what a desk job does to you

8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I’m still stagnant at around 275 to 280 lbs.

On the plus side, however, I haven’t touched a can of any fizzy drink in 22 days. I no longer crave them and can happily pass. :D

Flip the coin... I’m addicted to ice tea. But at least it’s home brewed and nothing more than the tea bags, water and a “reasonable” amount of sugar. I would estimate that I’m at around 100 to 150 grams of sugar for an entire gallon rather than 33g per 330ml of fizz. It’s definitely a lot lower...

9. DeadP1xels

14’4 and could murder something sweet right now...

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think any Oxygen in my bones is being replaced with Helium, I know I'm missing some bone mass from surgery hip was re profiled when they put some plates in.
    Its that or I'm lightweight human Mk1 or some crap.

Managed to loose about 300g so just over half a pound probably just fluctuation. fat has dropped a bit I've been doing some fun fasted work outs trying to improve my core. managed to mash out 180K on the bike this month aiming to get past 200K which shouldn't be too hard.

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

I'm losing weight again, but not deliberately - new job, new lifestyle. I've decided to walk to work every morning and it takes me 55 minutes to walk 4 miles (I walk fast). It's a little unrealistic to be walking 8 miles per day, so I get the bus home.

I don't eat anything outside of meal times primarily because it helps my poor digestive system, but it's a good habit as well. I've also started taking milk kefir (disgusting stuff) every morning for breakfast instead of cereal, again to help my digestive system.

Kinda sucks to cut "nice" foods and snacks out of your diet, but it's better in the long term.

12. DeadP1xels

I've slacked off loads in the last two weeks but my weight has stayed the same, I still don't drink energy drinks I occasionally partake in a beer here and there but otherwise I've been good.

I need to start exercising more to get to the weight I want to be at, I was wearing something a little too fitted yesterday and made me feel pretty terrible so I jumped on the cross trainer for the first time in ever and blasted out a quick 30 minutes.

This morning I weighed in at 14st 2lb and 3/4 which is the lightest I've been for a long while but I'm not shedding the body fat quickly which suggests I probably need to switch focus from the diet to getting more cardio in. I'm going to try do 3/4 cross training sessions in a week and see where I'm at.

Still looking to lose quite a bit more

Yaka and goldstar0011 like this.
  13. DeadP1xels

So I've done cardio everyday since the above 8 sessions in total varying from 30-40 minutes

14st now. pretty happy with progress

Still pretty high BF% but I'm really only just getting started. Cardio session yesterday felt a lot easier and I burnt a lot more in the time doing it because I could up the intensity and maintain throughout. I added 10 minutes of warm down which also helped burn a little more and not leave me feeling so stiff, my knees are thanking me for it so far.

I'm a way off my long term goal, I remember being 13st 5lbs and about 21% body fat wanting to lose weight and lean out and now I'm 14st and 30% BF having already lost over a stone.

I've now set a slightly more formal goal of 4 months from the end of this month to hit 12.5stone and be no more than 15% BF

14. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

This morning I was 217lbs, 30% body fat, 38.9% muscle mass, 8.5% bone mass (which is silly) according to my scales (eufy smart scale).

Long term goal is to get down to 180lbs by the end of the year, short term would be around 200lbs for Easter, which is doable. I normally drop 4-5lbs in the first week which will leave the goal at 2lbs/week.

Routine at the moment consists walking to and from work, which totals 30 mins each way either side of a short metro journey. Do a 1 hour pilates class on Mondays and a 1 hour PT session on Wednesdays. I need to add in a couple more sessions and walking on lunch breaks at work. As long as I eat properly I should do fine, but food is always the issue.

15. DeadP1xels

Two failed days means I'm sitting at 14st 4lbs today...

Not pleased but can't be helped, Tuesday night spent in A&E after the Mrs spilt a pan of boiling water over her leg so didn't exercise at all and had a takeaway at 10pm and yesterday was a bit of a failure although managed to get on the bike at least.

Onwards and upwards!

16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Anyone managing to keep themselves in shape?

I've started lifting weights again - primarily to get fit and strong, but my diet at the moment is very much geared towards builing (a little) muscle.

I'm currently 13st on the nose, which is significantly lighter than I've been for the past few years, and I'm into a fourth week of this training.

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I've starting running in the mornings again - just 3 times a week and 1.5 miles to start, but already feeling the benefit. Next week the aim is to see how 5k feels. I'll probably need a break halfway, and be battling a constant ETAP, but it'll be the first time i've covered that distance in best part of 2 years.

EDIT:

I've done a lot of cycling in that 2 years, mind!

LennyRhys likes this.
  18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

My sister runs and she got pretty serious into it - she did a half marathon earlier in the year. I used to run a lot when I was in my early 20s but these days I much prefer resistance training and plyometrics. It's great that there's more than one way to stay in shape! :)

19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I used to do a lot of conditioning work, so cardio was super important, when I was training for Tough Mudder in 2013, I was running 10 miles 3-4 times a week (as a warm-up to a weights session). Then I got married and complacent :p

Now, i'm just getting ready for when the baby can move around - I don't wanna be that dad that is dying on the floor after 10 minutes in the park hah.

LennyRhys likes this.
  20. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Round is a shape... :p

LennyRhys, MLyons and Wakka like this.